• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Sharpshooter's Field Guide to Enemies

Well, I play mostly as a Sharpie these days. This class gives me the most satisfaction out of all my lev 5 classes. I usually start as a Sharpie, and depending on the map, I play as a Sharpie all the way through. Occasionally, I'll switch to Commando if I am playing a long game up until about wave 6 or 7, then at which time, I switch back to being a Sharpie.

The " head shot hit boxes " being off doesn't bother me at all since after reading where they are located on each zed earlier in this thread. But I am a Sharpie that only plays on Normal with HC's and Xbow with the 9mm doing most of the work...:eek:

Upvote 0
The guide is far, far outdated and lately I've been focusing more on playing (And playing Berserker/Firebug at that!) to update it much. Besides, I'm still holding a grudge against the STILL unfixed headshot hitboxes, so after I maxed Sharpshooter, I hardly ever use it these days except for...

The Sharpshooter "Money-Wave": Spawn as Sharpshooter in the first wave. Headshot clots with the 9mm while scavenging weapons/ammo/armor. At the end of the wave, switch perks and sell everything.

The Dual Handcannons alone sell for a grand total of $750! Plus the $250 you start with is an instant $1,000. Plus money from surviving the first wave and kills (Both vary by difficulty). This can often get me upwards of $1,600 by the start of the second wave, and allows you to deck out almost ANY class it it's preferred gear.

It can easily get me:
-Flamethrower/Katana/Armor as Firebug
-Shotgun/Hunting Shotgun/Grenades/Armor as Support
-Katana (Or Chainsaw)/AK/Armor as Berskerer
-AK/Bullpup/Armor as Commando

Makes it very easy to "get right to it" as another perk. No more waiting several rounds for a Firebug to get a Flamethrower on Suicidal...

Actually, its only $700 for the 2 handcannons, because they sell for 350 apiece.

Upvote 0
(Might be even slighty better to start out as berserker for free 1k chainsaw and end of the wave buy a katana for 60% discount - then switch perk and sell both).

At first glance yes. Personally i've been starting out as lvl5 Sharpshooter, switching to lvl5 Berserker during the initial 10 seconds and completing the first wave. Selling the Handcannons for

Upvote 0
...the problem with starting off as Zerker is that if you want a Katana and for whatever reason, couldn't get the cash to afford it...
(that is only a problem if you play on suicidal. I do it all the time on Hard).

Doesn't really matter that much though as you don't really need any money until scrakes show up anyway... ;)

Firebug can probably score most kills on the first wave (if you think that matters) ;)

Upvote 0
(that is only a problem if you play on suicidal. I do it all the time on Hard).

Doesn't really matter that much though as you don't really need any money until scrakes show up anyway... ;)

Firebug can probably score most kills on the first wave (if you think that matters) ;)

Well, my new method for maximum cash (ignoring the enemy bounties). Spawn as Lvl5 Sharpshooter, change to Lvl5 Berserker. Complete Wave 1, sell Dual Handcannons for

Upvote 0
I do believe this guide needs a fair bit of an update, including suicidal difficulty for one thing, giving better advice as another.

Here's the SS's role:

Weapon loadout: Single 9mm, Dual Handcannon (for particularly open maps single is also perfectly viable), Crossbow

Clots - low priority - you should typically ignore them, they aren't your problem. When you have to shoot them, pop their head in one with the 9mm, if a group grabs you, panic fire with the dual HCs to extricate yourself fast.

Gorefasts - low priority - again, not your job to deal with them. Again, pop heads when necessary with the 9mm.

Crawlers - medium priority (high w/o commando) - commandos should be dealing with them, but your class is also suitable. One shot them with the handcannons, their headshot box is erratic and since you have a plentifully supplied weapon that can oneshot, do so.

Bloats - high priority - very dangerous on suicidal, these will kill if they get close. However if you pop their head with the 9mm from range, threat gone.

Stalkers - low priority (medium w/o commando) - not your job to deal with again. Use the 9mm on their head, if you have difficulty picking out their head, use HCs.

Sirens - *top* priority - these buggers define your role, let one of these past and your team may well be dead promptly. Use the crossbow before they become a threat, one shot and they're down. If one gets the drop on you, whip out the dual HCs and let rip.

Scrakes - medium priority (high w/o beserker) - they're definitely within your role to deal with, but the fact that beserkers can easily deal with them makes them less of a threat. Learn where their headshot box is, then one-shot them every time with the crossbow.

Fleshpound - low priority (top if they're after you) - if it isn't after you, ignore it completely. Seriously, your team is more likely to die from the zombies advancing under the cover of the FP than the FP itself. Keep killing the zombies you're supposed to be aiming for. If it's after you, get in a quick heal if you need to, then get out those dual HCs (if you have single HC, use the 9mm instead for its rate of fire). As soon as it starts an attack or taunt animation next to you, unload on its head. You want a stream of lead to be hitting it as the sweet spot appears. Its head will pop off, you can gtfo. This works even if some idiot enraged it.

Long story short, you should be using your 9mm most of the time, it's an easy headshot generator with plenty of ammo. When you see a siren (priority) or a scrake (for sport) whip out your crossbow and eliminate. If you stick to those with your crossbow its 40 ammo is plenty. Eliminate crawlers with your HCs, saving their ammo for emergencies usually.

THAT is how you play an SS.

Upvote 0
True, I probably should have noted them as medium priority if there's no beserker in your team. Beserkers can easily deal with them, but they do so much damage that without a beserker they're quite a threat.

I tend to play SS with a friend who's pretty amazing as beserker so I don't think of situations without one so much :p

We're regularly the only two survivors of a 6 man team on suicidal. We regularly win anyway (usually surviving until wave 10 or patriarch).

I honestly can't express emphatically enough how good a combination an SS and beserker are, there is absolutely nothing they can't easily bring down. For patriarch the beserker needs to also switch to SS though :p.

Upvote 0
Wow there is too many fallacies in this thread to begin...please scrap this 5 months old guide as it is very dated...or go back and edit your first 3 posts because there is too much to list that is inaccurate! This guide will produce subpar retards by the time they get to suicidal and will not benefit the community like intended! not trying to be mean, but LOL at half of the crap i read in the first 3 posts...and LOL again just for kicks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0