• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC M14 Slow Weapon Switching - Updated

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
  • Category:
    Code
  • Reproducibility:
    Somtetimes
  • Summary:
    Sharpshooter Faster Switching doesn't always work on the M14
  • Description:
    When changing weapons and having the M14, switching to another (too early that the M14 is not stable yet) causes a slow weapon switch. In this case the 50% more weapon switch speed won't be effective.
  • Samples:
    Video that shows the issue

Last edited:
Video that shows the issue

Reproduction:
Switch to another weapon while playing as a Sharpshooter. and then switch back to the first weapon.
If you switch quickly it works fine (even quicker than usual).. if you wait a little bit and then switch it will cause the bug
Which method are you using to switch methods? Please take us through the steps.

Upvote 0
Switch speed bonuses work only within WeaponEquipping and WeaponPuttingDown states. If you decide to switch back to your previous weapon while the equip animation is still playing your weapon will instead go into WeaponAbortEquip state where switch bonuses will not work. Abort time is equal to % of completion of canceled equip animation multiplied by its default putdown time (unaffected by bonuses).

This isn't specifically a sharpshooter / m14 thing.

Upvote 0
pardon me, but that's not quite true because I only experience this issue with the M14 specifically.
Also, switching to another weapon when the current animation hasn't stopped results in a QUICKER animation and this happens with the M14 as well. But if you switch out from the M14 right after you equip it this issue happens
It's not a problem with the sharpshooter as this problem happens with the survivalist having the M14 as well. So it's an M14 problem

Upvote 0
I am still not exactly sure what the steps are to reproduce what you are talking about are. I also am not exactly sure what you are reporting the bug is. QA will need actual steps written out for your reproduction and what your result is versus what your expectations are. Don't forget to list any skills you have equipped if relevant and perk level.

Upvote 0
View attachment 2335961
The procedure is clear, I've mentioned that if you switch weapons quickly.. if works fine.. if you wait for too long it works fine.. but if you switch right after a certain amount of time this issue happens.
Alright, you say things like "this issue" but you have not given a description of what "this" is. Is the animation too short and ignoring the time the swap should take? Is it taking to long? Is it getting stuck, because the title says weapon switch isn't working? I'm not exactly sure what is happening when in the videos or which swaps are which methods. I do not know what the "certain amount of time" is.

Upvote 0
Alright, you say things like "this issue" but you have not given a description of what "this" is. Is the animation too short and ignoring the time the swap should take? Is it taking to long? Is it getting stuck, because the title says weapon switch isn't working? I'm not exactly sure what is happening when in the videos or which swaps are which methods. I do not know what the "certain amount of time" is.
Well, the problem is that the animation takes longer than it should. You can see that sometimes the M14 gets removed quicker than other times.. 50% switch speed is not working.. this is what I meant by the post. If you keep switching multiple times to and from the M14 the issue happens.
The M14 takes too long to be removed. You can try switching back and forth from and to the M14.. but each time don't switch instantly.. try it a few times and you'll get what I mean

Upvote 0