• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter, the new Zerker?

Try hitting the head.
You don't even need to be sharpshooter.

Excuse me, mother ****er?

I reached level 3 Sharpshooter without even playing the perk. I ALWAYS aim for the head, so stop assuming ****.

I just reread your post; apparently I misread it previously. I thought you had said you get 1-shot-kills when hitting the head on Scrakes, with a 9mm.

Oops... my bad! I apologize good sir.

[P.S. - I kill all those you listed with 1 bullet to the head from a 9mm as well. I must of been on too many opiates when I read your post or something... :confused:]

Upvote 0
Taking into account that sharpshooter can pop weaker zeds without any issues (take into account the insane reload speed @ higher levels, you don't need to actually worry about anything else than clotswarm or occasional siren\such popping right behind you), you could just keep using 9mm for every weaker zed (works fine) and crossbow for the bigger ones.

It's not really rocket science but once you get higher level sharpshooter and play it around abit you'll realize how easy it is to kill everything in your path with ease. Scrake? Crossbow bolt and a goner. Flesh pound? Same thing (or maybe two once in a while). Bad situation? Dual handcannons and few seconds later you've killed already few major threat. For everything else you can go with the 9mm, as long as you don't stay still too much and avoid so-called bad spots.

As noted before, sharphooster was hot contender to solo the game without issues. Now it has even more potential for that, and anyone saying that how sharpshooters are crippled in swarms and such, basically if you have M14, you pop heads faster than you can make a grin. If you have crossbow, one or two bolts and you mow entire mobs down. If you use handcannons, you kill zeds with ease. Even with the 9mm you can just pop targets at quite high rate, take into account less than a second reload on lvl5. 6-man suicidal server might be the only notable exception, but anything under that is more or less easy for sharpy.

Upvote 0
Why yes ammo is so expensive and reloading takes soooooo long for a SS lvl 5+

Man you poor sharpshooters.............how do you do it........I cannot imagine how hard it must be to sit in the back and snipe everything in 1-2 shots.............poor sharpshooters.

And you do realize that the bow costs 400 pounds right?
Again 400 ****ing pounds just buy a canon with that and you are good to go.

Upvote 0

Man you poor sharpshooters.............how do you do it........I cannot imagine how hard it must be to sit in the back and snipe everything in 1-2 shots.............poor sharpshooters.

Troll...

Upvote 0
Maybe so, but Troll's got a point...

Alright:

1st. agree that ammo is costy, but reload speed is increased as your sharpshooter lv up. Not much of a problem.

"Snipe everything in 1-2 shots" ??? U're doin' it wrong. A trully lv 5+ sharpshooter shoot everything in one shot is a must (not boss, thou). Drop fp/scrake in 1 shoot is a must.

And how hard it'd be sitting in the back and be the first to run, leave everyone else with nothing to cover them?

Again, crossbow is for biggies and siren and maybe husk. Nothing more. So cost is a non-issue, sell the crossbow and re-buy it. Use EBR for smaller target. You're sitting in the back so take time switching weapon isnt that hard.

Point??? Point-lesss

Upvote 0
First off, as much as I love being able to take out Fleshpounds with a single bolt now, it's terribly overpowered. Make it like it was before the patch, where it could take three or so bolts before it went down.

The Sharpshooter's drawbacks (Pre-update) were the lack of ammo and the lack of any sort of crowd-control ability. Everyone, save the Medic (I never played the Beserker much, so I can't really speak on his behalf, but he seemed to be decent at keeping large crowds at bay) has some decent ability to take out large mobs. The basis of a Sharpshooter is to have a TON of firepower, but only able to concentrate it on a single point. The addition of the M14 has really taken care of these drawbacks. I mean, I love the M14, I LOVE having to not worry about ammo, but 14 mags? I don't even have to bother with a sidearm now!

Now, I don't play on Suicidal.. yet. The difficulties have become much harder with the new update, so Normal and Hard are pretty challenging to me. The M14 fills a niche that needed to be filled, and I can't really suggest what to do with it, other than to maybe cut some of the ammo from it, so that Sharpshooters are somewhat dependent on their sideams/teammates to help clear out the ZEDs.

Upvote 0
Reading over the arguments I can say this:

Try playing Poundamonium on solo as anything but lvl 6 sharpshooter. It isn't possible.

Try playing beginner to normal on solo and then kill the patriarch with anything by yourself other than pipebombs or a crossbow as lvl 6 sharp. It isn't possible.

He is by far, the strongest class in the game. The headshots just own everything in existence, and much of the time I find myself carrying a SCAR with me to backup my EBR. Uhhh, talk about Jesus Christ overpowerment?

Solution: Either less bolts, so that the tactic of picking back up the bolts is instilled within the crossbow weapon.

Lessen the accuracy and increase the recoil and spread of the sharpshooter weapons. Currently, you don't need to aim at all to own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again, crossbow is for biggies and siren and maybe husk. Nothing more. So cost is a non-issue, sell the crossbow and re-buy it. Use EBR for smaller target. You're sitting in the back so take time switching weapon isnt that hard.

Point??? Point-lesss

Even worse: A GOOD Sharpshooter with a team he can trust not to swipe his stuff can buy BOTH the Crossbow AND the EBR, dropping one in an area he plans to stay near. Then he can toss one down and pick the other one up at will, in effect having BOTH weapons. This is sadistically effective and eliminates the disadvantages of either one...

Upvote 0