• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Sharpshooter Loadout

I32 bullets/clip

[smarta$$ mode on] Clip vs. Magazine [smarta$$ mode off] ;)

Interesting to throw a medic weapon into a sharp loudout. I don't like the mp5 that much, it just "feels" weak and the reload time is ridiculous imho... I'd rather pick the schneidzegg because I love the high rate of fire and it is so much fun to use :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[smarta$$ mode on] Clip vs. Magazine [smarta$$ mode off] ;)

Interesting to throw a medic weapon into a sharp loudout. I don't like the mp5 that much, it just "feels" weak and the reload time is ridiculous imho... I'd rather pick the schneidzegg because I love the high rate of fire and it is so much fun to use :D

Knowing the difference between a clip and a magazine will never determine whether I live or die in the game :~p

Agreed on the reload and the overall weakness. In general I hate the mp5 but with the headshot perk bonus you can decap the trash in 2-3 shots so the 32 bullets can go a long way... and if the trash closes in on you too quickly as you run low on ammo whip out the 44 (or even the bow) and clean up the remaining zeds that way. Overall the mp5 ends up being a nice lil SMG for the sharpie in my opinion.

For some reason I really dislike the schneid off perk, but if I do go that route it's typically on Commando. This could come down to personal preferences though. It may just be due to the fact it's so much easier to acquire the mp5 from a dosh standpoint, not sure...

~edit~

But like I said I don't think my loadout would hold up on the higher difficulties, but serves me well on the Hard servers which is where I typically stay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dropped the .44 from my loadout in favor of a machete and I could not be happier!!

mp5
bow
machete

You will basically never worry about ammo/dosh if you stick with machete for the gorefasts/clots. Use pistol for larger waves of them to ensure you are not overwhelmed by the horde.

Use the mp5 on the crawlers and to heal the zerk(s) or whomever.

Bow for husks/sirens/scrakes/fps only.

Good stuff.

Upvote 0
I dropped the .44 from my loadout in favor of a machete and I could not be happier!!

mp5
bow
machete

Protip: If you alt-fire with the knife offperk it'll decap gorefasts and stuff. This is what I use when I want to save ammo. If I'm fighting lots of them then I should be using something else anyways.

Also, don't forget the 9mm ^_^ It's free, cheap as chips, and for a sharp it'll do the job on anything smaller than a siren. Nice alternative to procheting them.

Upvote 0
My loadout depends on the mood i'm in and the team i'm playing with.

Most times from the start of a game i'll go Musket + HC and if I truly need to, i'll add the LAR in.

If i'm playing a pick up game, i'll stick with Xbow and HC until I feel comfortable with the players and their roles.

If i'm derping around or inebriated, LAR + .44 mag; or the m14 + prochete.

Upvote 0
LAR + MP5 + HC + Mk

This is what I recently enjoy the most on West London. Depending on the capabilitys of the team I replace the LAR with the Musket at later waves, which is usually wave 8 or 9.

The MP5 on the sharps does 49 headshot damage, what doesn't sound much, but it is so accurate with short bursts, that it practically is a powerful trash remover. Also the high healing dart recharge speed comes in handy when offperk. Sometimes when there is no shortage on dosh I take the Schneidzekk instead of the MP5. It does more damage, but actually I enjoy the MP5 for decapping Scrakes. The Schneidzekk tends to be overkill at this.

Upvote 0
Personally I play with the LAR until I save up for the XBOW and dual HCs for the latter half of the game in case a Scrake or FP gets too close. But recently I'm starting to enjoy the Musket more than the XBOW, less powerful but it feels like a 2 in 1 to me. AlthoughI guess that's also because I'm a lvl 5 Sharpshooter. But still I never go through latter waves without my dual HCs.

Upvote 0