• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Sharpshooter Loadout

Well, to be honest, you can't really go wrong with Bow + whatever Handgun/Handguns for Sharpshooter. It's probably the safest loadout to use, especially around players you don't know. Really can't go wrong with it.

The m14 is good, but it's tricky to learn to use well, especially if you're newer to the game or if you don't play Sharpshooter much. If you're level 6, then the Lever Action rifle can stun Scrakes on headshots. So the m14 is often paired with the Lever Action. They support each other well. The Musket DLC weapon is also a good weapon to be paired with the m14. I believe it can stun Scrakes as well at level 5 and higher.

Upvote 0
If I were you, I'd keep using the Crossbow + Mk23. Try throwing in the .44 there too for extra ammo. This can also be good if say, someone joins the game late, can't make it to the trader and has only their spawn gear (or no gear at all if they are a lower level), because now you have a spare gun to lend them. The Mk23 is generally a better offperk weapon for most people, so you can keep the .44 and give the Mk23 to the new player. Same thing if someone runs out of ammo.

Also no need to use the Crossbow on Bloats, you can just use the Mk23, .44. or Handcannon.

Upvote 0
If I play sharpshooter, .44, MK23 and xbow is my "standard" loadout. Cheap and effective.

9mm for saving ammo, .44 for trash and as primary, MK23 when my .44 runs empty, I have not enough time to reload or as "panic" weapon. The xbow for scrakes, fleshpounds and husks. cheap (as you spawn with a xbow on lvl6...) and effective. One tip for using the .44... If there is time, reload after EVERY shot. Really. I told you. :D

Upvote 0
LAR+EBR USED TO BE the best loadout. LAR lets you stun scrakes and bodyshot little things, EBR lets you kill FPs and bigger things. It used to be the only loadout to let you solo 6man HoE (realistically).

However, with the addition of the M99, the Xbow's firing speed doubled, meaning the Xbow and M99 are OP, and the LAR+EBR is balanced, so it's no longer as competative.

LAR+EBR is what I generally consider to be the expert's loadout.
Mk23+Xbow is the general loadout most people (including myself) go for thesedays.

Also, since the 9mm is supercharged for sharpshooters, the Mk23 is nice, but not necessary. I'll quite often just use a 9mm and Xbow, even on hardest difficulties.

This gives you 4 blocks free for katana/Medigun/M79 (that one's dumb but funny).

Especially for kiting, Katana/Xbow is hard to beat.

Upvote 0
I take it you're playing on... hard? Then you can kill virtually anything with just .44.

When you feel ready for higher difficulties, learn how to speedkill biggies with xbow first then learn how to speedkill them with m14/LAR or the new piston toy later. And forget that M99 even exist.

EBR and LAR was a 'pro' loadout before, now anyone can pay for piston thingy and have a one weapon suitable both for killing SCs and FPs.

Upvote 0
Even before the Xbow speed buff and M99, I still found it difficult to fit an LAR in my Sharpshooter loadout. I just didn't use it enough to justify the carry weight. I've been really happy with HC + EBR, and I still have the perked 9mm to fall back on in a pinch (for trash at least).

As far as the Xbow goes, the speed buff + Textured scope = almost rapid-fire FP takedown. It's quite obscene. XD

Upvote 0
M99 AMR is only really good for the Patriarch; the rest of the time, the ammo is just too expensive.

The way to view the different load outs (imo) is this: Crossbow+handgun is for more of a priority focus, M14+LAR is for more of a crowd control focus. If you're trying to hold an entrance alone, M14+LAR is amazing. If instead however you're standing in the middle of your team, Crossbow is probably better.

Upvote 0
Even before the Xbow speed buff and M99, I still found it difficult to fit an LAR in my Sharpshooter loadout. I just didn't use it enough to justify the carry weight. I've been really happy with HC + EBR, and I still have the perked 9mm to fall back on in a pinch (for trash at least).

As far as the Xbow goes, the speed buff + Textured scope = almost rapid-fire FP takedown. It's quite obscene. XD

Yes, M14 + Handcannon is beautiful. Malhaven up in here with the correct opinion. I usually add in an Mk23 or .44 as well for extra killing. A very powerful loadout in the right hands. Both me and my friend vinc120 (mostly vinc) have gotten a good amount of 1k+ kills using this loadout, holding with the team, and taking Fleshpounds and Scrakes. It's the "Out of my way, I'm killing everything!" loadout. :p

It does suffer from people pulling Scrake aggro, setting Scrakes on fire, grenading them, making it harder to Flinch Lock or rage away with headshots. That feel when someone direct nades a Scrake and every other headshot seems to miss.

Lately though I've been doing a lot of Handcannon, Mk23, Musket, or Gold Handcannon, Handcannon, Musket. Just so much fun.

And yes, the Bow is a tad silly. That said, I still use it here and there, and I still mess up on occasion with it. But that reload speed really helps when you botch it.

Upvote 0
M14 kicks like a mule until you learn to control it, just stick with xbow+mk23. I actually prefer, HC instead of mk23 with bow, however. Makes me feel safer; feels like it has more stopping power, dunno.

As been said you can't go wrong with any pistol with bow on Sharp. M14 has its ups and downs for an inexperienced player if you couple that with LaR or MK23, you can kill Scrakes pretty quickly and even clean the trash around you hastily after that. My advice is keep M14+HC/MK23 until you get the hang of M14 headshots, when you hit level6 switch pistols for LaR and take a look if you can handle things further.

Why don't you take a peek at kf-wiki also? I picked most of my useful tips from there and well... added quite some other things there.

Upvote 0