• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Sharpshooter loadout suggestions

Althamus

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Hey guys. I'm starting to return to the sharpshooter once more, after a period of getting bored with it and going off to pastures new.

However, the M99 is too cheesey for my liking, and the LAR/EBR is (IMHO) now a weaker choice, leaving me with the crossbow.

However, while LAR/EBRing, it did teach me just how versatile the 9mm is, and I'm quite comfortable killing sirens and below with the 9mm, and husks and above with the Xbow (especially with the cheesey firing speed).

TL:DR; I don't find it necessary to take a sidearm (Mk23) with the Xbow. So forum, what would you suggest I try taking as an extra weapon for the Xbow, and why? You have 5 weight... go!

I am actually trying to get better at taking otu FPs with the LAR, because assuming you can do that, a sharpshooter can EASILY survive with just a LAR and 9mm (assuming you don't run out of ammo).
I only really tended to use the EBR in emergency OMGWTF situations or to kill FPs anyhow.

Plus, if you run around with a 9mm and LAR only, it's dead cheap. Plus, everyone thinks you're a badass.

Upvote 0
I don't see how the LAR/EBR has become a weaker choice exactly. To me it still seems great and doesn't feel nooby.

Though can anyone explain to me the value of an offperk MAC10? Honestly, I want to find a way I can use it offperk in other perks like mando and suppie. This is in HOE of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see how the LAR/EBR has become a weaker choice exactly. To me it still seems great and doesn't feel nooby.

It's become comparatively weaker because it's stayed the same, but the M99 and Xbow are stupidly OP.
Taking out a FP with an EBR, I needed to get a couple free shots and have good conditions at close range. With the Xbow, I can do it at any range, any conditions.

I've been rolling with katana/Mk23 lately. The former helping me to clutch if needed, and the latter helping with small/medium zeds that need to go DOWN quickly. Might try the SCAR as well, could be fun.

Also, M32? Does that even work as a sharp? Explosive damage means it doesn't get the HS bonus, right?

Upvote 0
Eh, I like the tried and true loadouts. LAR/M14EBR for me as it's so versatile. (mk23/.44magnum/xbow in other cases)

Dualies never appeal to me because of the odd aiming system and that the left side I believe is somewhat off-centered.

Other perks like the Medic, Commando, Zerk, and Support I like to mess around with the weapon loadout more. I haven't tested out the combat shotty/SCAR combo yet but I will as it seems pretty practical.

Upvote 0
Definitely second Mac10. It's basically accurate dual 9s with a damage buff. 9mm+ is what I always think of it as with Sharpshooter. I'd love to have a reskin for the mac10 that looks a little something like this for when I use it as sharp.

AM-M38-111S-lg.jpg

Tommy Gun and Scar are also super awesome, Scar especially. Axe and Katana are pretty solid too. M79 and Flare Pistol are good too.

But speaking of other sharpshooter loadouts.

Handcannon/Mk23+.44, Swagger Action Rifle, M79
m14, M79, .44/Mk23
m14, mac10, mk23/.44

The last two ones are really nice as your 3 main guns are on different keys.

And if you want everything within 40m to die, and want to flinchlock all day every day.

m14, Handcannon, Mk23

Dual Handcannons also works if the spot has notable focus and diarrhea spawns.

Upvote 0