• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shameless Plug for Mare Nostrum

jeffduquette

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
Sorry -- I've only been playing RO for maybe the last 7 or 8 months now and haven't really checked out any of the RO-Mod spin offs.

I actually downloaded the Mare Nostrum Mod last night and played online for the first time. Excellent work!! I loved the level lighting and sky textures on some of the maps. I also loved the opening screen sequence with Lille Marlene.

Anyone who hasn't tried Mare Nostrum should download it and give it a go. Good fun.

My only ***** is that it needs some big swirling desert tank battle maps -- Debrecen in the Desert :D. It would also be nice to add Stuart tanks and maybe German Marder SP.

Tried to play, but either MN is empty or it's another map I haven't downloaded and I can't get on (server DL is SLOW). By the time I exit, goto the map database, DL and install the map it's switched anyway. And then days later before I try MN again it's another new map I haven't seen and I repeat all the above steps.

Ending up with having played DH mod, but never MN although I've had the mod installed for ages.

Upvote 0
you've had the most recent mod installed for ages, right?

Used to when I gave it a shot, no idea since I last tried it. It's the new maps not the mod itself. While new maps are great, it's also a problem if the auto download of them are going to be slow or not a viable option.

Yeah I might be lazy not wanting to go to the map site and downloading another beta map, but I'm always on the edge of playing RO nowdays anyway with it's old bugs. Just had a heavy dose of MG clipping last night
- deploy MG on sandbags
- game thinks muzzle is clipped into the bags (looks clear to you)
- open fire at enemy 10 feet away and all bullets hit invisable wall in front of you
- enemy walks up to you and pokes you in the eye killing you

Every time I see some vintage WWII clip, always get back into RO.. for a while ;)

Edit: thanks for the link. Maybe what looks like more of an official release from when I DLed it, I will have better luck with the maps. Redoing DH also.

T.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great, would love to see the Semovette and the MX tanks. Good to hear. Why dont they use the Darkest Hour tanks?......

because assuming a mod was happy giving their work over to bolster the content of what is essentially a competitor in the first place, in this case you would still have to re-texture and re-code the vehicles anyway - a fair amount of work in itself.
MN team are clearly capable of implementing a complete tank from scratch so why 'owe a favour' so to speak.
however more importantly, exactly which tanks are you refering to - i don't think any are suitable, are they?

Upvote 0