[Error] Severe performance drop since 9/23 patch.

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

THD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 25, 2006
My performance on smaller servers has decreased severely since 9/23 patch, for example instead of 90-100 fps on most maps with 12 players, I'm now getting 40-60 even on maps like apartments (which was a very well performing map all the time, with stable 120+ fps all the time). Big servers stayed pretty much on the same level as before, which is about 40-50 fps with occasional dips into 30's.

Comp specs:
Core2 Duo E6850@3.8GHz
Asus P5Q Premium @ 2170 MHz
2x2GB Corsair Dominator @ 1086 MHZ
HIS Radeon HD5870
Viewsonic VX2268vm 22" LCD
X-Fi Titanium
Win 7 64bit/WinXP 32bit

And the graphics settings are all low except textures, medium lighting and bloom which is on. Also dof is disabled. I have tried most known things, and it doesn't seem to have an effect. If anyone has any tips for raising fps, don't hesitate to post.

Also, I wonder if others experienced something similar.

Last edited:

Dirtybandit

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Dont think you can get more then 100fps in ro2 (engine locked) but from what iv seen performance has gone up and down in each patch
(Almost all down for me since the beta ended :( )

Reactions: [TW]redeye

THD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 25, 2006
Dont think you can get more then 100fps in ro2 (engine locked) but from what iv seen performance has gone up and down in each patch
(Almost all down for me since the beta ended :( )
You can get more than 100 fps if you enable framerate smoothing and set the limits to whatever you want (62 by default).