• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Settings reset every time I open Killing Floor

Brugere

Jul 2, 2012
Hello,

Every time I open the game I have to raise the brightness/gamma, change the music/sound effect volume, and choose my character from the default.

Basically, the settings seem to reset to default settings every time I open killing floor.

I am wondering if this is intended or not. It is not too much of a hassle to change the setting all the time, but I'd rather not if possible

Hello,

Every time I open the game I have to raise the brightness/gamma, change the music/sound effect volume, and choose my character from the default.

Basically, the settings seem to reset to default settings every time I open killing floor.

I am wondering if this is intended or not. It is not too much of a hassle to change the setting all the time, but I'd rather not if possible

Change your settings in the main menu, before joining a game.

changes ingame dont stick

Upvote 0
Change your settings in the main menu, before joining a game.

changes ingame dont stick

Unreal Engine 2 has a feature where it won't remember settings if a player plays the game after changing the setting. This is so players would not change settings to something unplayable and then be potentially stuck with it if they couldn't get back to the menu.

The way around this is to change the settings from the main menu and not play a game before quitting.

HOWEVER, this does not seem to work for my mac version of killing floor (and apparently others' as well)

Upvote 0
Unreal Engine 2 has a feature where it won't remember settings if a player plays the game after changing the setting. This is so players would not change settings to something unplayable and then be potentially stuck with it if they couldn't get back to the menu.

The way around this is to change the settings from the main menu and not play a game before quitting.

HOWEVER, this does not seem to work for my mac version of killing floor (and apparently others' as well)
Open up your user.ini and change it manually.

Upvote 0
Open up your user.ini and change it manually.

I looked into that. Actually, in the killingfloor.ini file my settings are recorded and saved at the levels at which I want them(with higher gamma), but when I launch killing floor it launches with the default settings still.:eek:

The visual and audio settings are in the killingfloor.ini folder while the character selection is in the user.ini

Upvote 0
Wait, it gets worse...

Wait, it gets worse...

With the latest update to Killing Floor, moving the sliders for brightness, gamma and contrast does nothing at all. Not in-game, and not in the menus before starting a game. Put the sliders where you like... the game is the same, dark morass of confusion.

I'm using a MacBook Pro, with OSX 10.6.8.

Upvote 0