• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Setting up a dedicated server with weekly game mode

monster528

Jun 27, 2016
I have been hosting my particular server for a while from my computer. However, I have never been able to make the weekly game mode work. Any time I launch it with the batch file that contains the weekly game mode or try to use the WebAdmin feature, the server just reverts back to survival. I have tried everything I can think of and even searched online, but nothing I have tried has worked.

Your log is missing the time/weekly synchronization, which is weird to me, example:

[0002.49] Log: *** Updating timed game events
[0002.49] Log: **** Current Time: 2019 9 24 1 5 4
[0002.49] Log: **** World start in seconds: 1492466400
[0002.49] Log: **** Current time in seconds: 1569279904
[0002.49] Log: **** Intended weekly index: 127

This is a first problem I think. Also do not startup on weekly game mode, do not put a game mode in your startup command line keep it simple, on default map, just start a default server then switch map and game mode from web admin to see if it changes something.

I see absolutely no reference of weekly game mode in your log except the startup command line.

[0010.64] Log: LoadMap: KF-ZedLanding?Name=Player?Team=255?Difficulty=2?GameLength=1?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival
[0012.90] Log: Game class is 'KFGameInfo_Survival'

Seems like your server doesn't even know this game mode exists.

You know what, reinstall a fresh server in a different folder for a test, your current install probably have issues. Running game server on same compute as the client is often a bad idea too. So dont start Steam at all to do your server tests.

Upvote 0
I did try running the server while steam is not running, this is usually how i have started the server in the past because I had issues if i didnt. I confirmed that the server wasnt changing game modes through the webadmin I did not launch the game or steam. My new server folder is on a different drive than my kf2 install as well. I don't know if that mattered but i figured i should move it

I did NOT have the required ports opened, however i do now and opening them did not fix my issue.

I did start the server in default game mode using the following .bat command line: start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?adminpassword=******

I don't know if this helps, but this is what happens when I am in the server:

I launch the game and join my server.
I go to webadmin and change the game mode to weekly.
the game starts to load in weekly game mode.
I get disconnected and booted out of the server.
I rejoin the server and now it is back on survival game mode.

Upvote 0
I saw im getting a different error from the one I posted earlier

[0149.91] DevNet: Browse: KF-Airship?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival?AdminPassword=*?Name=Player?Team=255
[0149.93] Log: LoadMap: KF-Airship?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival?AdminPassword=*?Name=Player?Team=255
[0149.93] Exit: IpNetDriverSteamworks_4 shut down
[0150.74] Log: Game class is 'KFGameInfo_Survival'

Upvote 0
This is really weird, I remember someone else having a similar issue long time ago, but can't find it. I can see what happens when I switch to this game mode on my server but not sure if it will help. For sure you do not have the internet time check at server start so this to me seems the problem, but it may still work without the time check, just it would load the improper weekly I think.

Do you have mods, workshop items, something not vanilla in your config files?

edit: here is what part of my log looks like when switching to weekly map from webadmin (I removed the 'WebAdmin:xxxx" flood you may not have that it is maybe only Linux server issue)

[0041.22] DevNet: Browse: KF-Airship?MaxPlayers=12?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival?Name=Player?Team=255
[0041.24] Log: LoadMap: KF-Airship?MaxPlayers=12?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival?Name=Player?Team=255
[0041.24] Exit: IpNetDriverSteamworks_0 shut down
[0042.56] Log: Game class is 'KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival'
[0042.56] Init: Sockets: Socket queue 262144 / 262144
[0042.63] Log: NetMode is now 1
[0042.64] Log: Bringing World KF-AIRSHIP.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2019.09.30-02.22.40
[0042.64] DevLobby: LobbyJoinGame ServerIP=
[0044.04] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 1.411828
[0044.04] Log: ########### Finished loading level: 2.802177 seconds

Your server seems to not even know the game mode exists.

edit 2: here is similar thread, no answer https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/cant-do-weekly.2320007/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When i reinstalled it, I removed all my workshop items and mods.

OH one other thing since you mention time issues. My computer has always had it's time off by some 3-5 minutes. I don't know why. I have tried multiple times to use different time servers and sync them, but it always popped up with some error. Maybe the two issues are related. I've looked around but never was able to fix this issue.

Upvote 0
Could you post the enbled game modes in the PSCerver-KFGame.ini?

I Have this in mine:
Code:
[KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival]
bEnableGameAnalytics=true
bRecordGameStatsFile=false
MaxPlayers=6
bEnableDevAnalytics=true
GameModes=(FriendlyName="Survival",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Survival",bSoloPlaySupported=true,DifficultyLevels=4,Lengths=4,LocalizeID=0)
GameModes=(FriendlyName="Weekly",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival",bSoloPlaySupported=true,DifficultyLevels=0,Lengths=0,LocalizeID=1)
GameModes=(FriendlyName="Versus",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_VersusSurvival",bSoloPlaySupported=false,DifficultyLevels=0,Lengths=0,LocalizeID=2)
GameModes=(FriendlyName="Endless",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Endless",bSoloPlaySupported=true,DifficultyLevels=4,Lengths=0,LocalizeID=3)

You could try changing the default game type to 'Weekly' only by adding # infront of each of the other gametypes and restart the server to see if that works.
Code:
[KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival]
bEnableGameAnalytics=true
bRecordGameStatsFile=false
MaxPlayers=6
bEnableDevAnalytics=true
#GameModes=(FriendlyName="Survival",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Survival",bSoloPlaySupported=true,DifficultyLevels=4,Lengths=4,LocalizeID=0)
GameModes=(FriendlyName="Weekly",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival",bSoloPlaySupported=true,DifficultyLevels=0,Lengths=0,LocalizeID=1)
#GameModes=(FriendlyName="Versus",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_VersusSurvival",bSoloPlaySupported=false,DifficultyLevels=0,Lengths=0,LocalizeID=2)
#GameModes=(FriendlyName="Endless",ClassNameAndPath="KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Endless",bSoloPlaySupported=true,DifficultyLevels=4,Lengths=0,LocalizeID=3)
Good Luck!

Upvote 0