• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ServerAdsKF - Updated for KF Servers

I can't get it to work either.. followed the readme to the letter, mutator isn't loading at all

It's not really a mutator, it's an addon. Adding it to the ServerActors in killingfloor.ini and placing the ServerAdsKF.u in the System directory loads it.

Adding the WebServer info allows you to edit the messages in Web Admin.
You need to upload the "web" folder to the servers "Web" folder. If you're running a linux server, it's case sensitive. It should be "Web" not "web" as it is in the zip file.

Then to access the webadmin for it, go to serverip:8075/ServerAdsKF
Or what ever port you configured webadmin for (providing you have enabled webadmin).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah beautiful, it works! But fDelay=300.000000 isn't exactly five minutes, more like four minutes and 25 seconds.....not sure what's up with that....

Also it would be nice if there was an option to display the messages *once* a wave rather than timed, like every five minutes or 10 minutes because a wave could be longer than that and these messages would just annoy the crap out of the players! hahaha.....though I suppose I could have it set longer like 30 minutes.....or so...

Ok, after going back through the pages of posts, this one would be a nice addition:
Can you make it so it only displays the ad when a new player joins?

Is there a character limit? When adding them to the lists, I feel that I'm reaching it, because a lot of my words go missing.
Yes, there appears to be a character limit, so you'll need to separate your sentences into smaller chunks on and spread over the 25 available lines are have. The Admin message will have more breathing room, so you don't have to break up the sentences too short.

Upvote 0