• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Server terminated with VAC ban on record Red Orchestra 2

FlyGuy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2014
So I bought Red orchestra 2 the other day with great intent to play the game as I have been looking at buying it for a long time as I am into ww2. When I try to join servers it disconnects me with a message saying "Terminated".

I googled it and found that they have added a feature which blocks players with a previous VAC ban on record. I have a VAC ban from 3 years ago in the game mw2. Not only was this 3 years ago with no other VAC bans on record with a total of 58 games on my steam account, but the ban was bs, I had accidentally joined a hacked server which ranked me up to lvl 70... not my fault. Next thing I know im banned.

As I understood a VAC ban was limited to that game only, this new feature is absolute rubbish as it sits. VAC bans can never be removed, and I embraced that and moved on. But with a ban that happened 3 years ago and im being kick from a new game because of that is just not on. I would have never bought the game if I had known about it at the time.

I suggest the developers need to rethink this way of getting rid of cheaters by either having a time limit with VAC bans and joining RO2.. eg a 365 days since last ban and no other bans since or just have the conventional way of deal with cheaters. I love the game and would never cheat in any game, this feature just really sucks. A lot of steam players have been banned for something that is not their fault and shouldn't be punished for it on other games. Also if they do decide to keep this, they need to make it more clear to people before they purchase RO2 that they will not be able to play multiplayer with a VAC ban.

Adam