• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Takeover Feature

Patros

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2015
Germany
I would like to keep it enabled on my server so that people can play with their friends. But I have 2 problems with it right now:
  1. After a successful takeover, the server just defaults to "normal difficulty" and "7 waves", ignoring my previous settings.
  2. I have Soloplayers doing a passworded takeover. That's what solo offline is for. Can servers really be taken over by solo players? Or did I just look into the admin panel at a moment, when his friends were already gone?
Regarding 1: Are there config settings that let me allow takeovers but restore my settings afterwards?
Regarding 2: If it is possible for soloplayers to do takeovers, how can I prevent it? I don't want to let singleplayers block a server. Is there a way to set the minimum player count for takeovers to 2? I don't want to set the minimum player count for non takeover games on 2 though.

Reactions: Dr. Volter
Thank Q for asking a such a nice.If you want to play privately with your friends then you have to simply change the permission tab from the public and private passwords.
Set search preference and set a password for your game.once you have set the password it search for an empty server and take over the game settings. The password will be removed once the members are out from the server and it can be used again.

Upvote 0
This issue is still existent. After a takeover the serversettings are still screwed up and somtimes i can't i even change the settings through the webinterface back to my preferred settings. Changing settings simply does NOTHING. I have to restart the server if i want to change settings on my own homehosted server.
I'd like to have provided my server for custom games, but since the devs seem not to be able to fix this basic issue, i'm going to turn off takeover.

Sorry for that, blame the ignorant devs. If they don't want people to enable tackeover, they should host their **** on their own. I'm really pissed. Not even a response.

Reactions: ExplosiveBolts
Upvote 0
omano;n2304308 said:
You know settings need at least a minimum map change to take effect, right?

I can confirm that in some rare cases changed settings in the webinterface are ignored completely. Doesn't matter if I use the settings and then switch the map or switch the map with additional url variables. It seems stuck in take over mode, even when takeover is already off. This is noticeable by a game password being set that can't be removed. Had to restart server too.

Upvote 0