• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Subscribe to SteamWorkshop

Has anybody had problems with their dedicated server not being able to download from the steam workshop? I've got two servers, one hosted by bluefang, one on my own machine, and it seems neither one can download maps from the workshop right now. They always give errors like this -

If it's a new map I want to download, it says:

[0433.53] NetComeGo: Checking item 1363355300 for updates.
[0433.53] NetComeGo: Item state is 8.
[0433.53] NetComeGo: Downloading item 1363355300.
[0435.12] Warning: Warning, Workshop: Unable to download workshop item 1363355300

If it is a map I already have that it is checking for updates, it says:

[4934.76] NetComeGo: Checking item 752794391 for updates.
[4934.76] NetComeGo: Item state is 4.
[4934.76] NetComeGo: Downloading item 752794391.
[4934.97] Warning: Warning, Workshop: Unable to download workshop item 752794391

Given that this is happening both on a local machine AND on a professionally hosted machine, I'm guessing it's not something stupid like a port issue or the ever-popular "log out of steam" thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Upvote 0
I have followed the wiki step by step and triple checked everything. The server will not download workshop items (maps in my case to start with). There is no specific errors in logs. This is on linux. I have tried a few things like manually creating "cache" folder etc but still nothing. I now see this is a known bug/problem. Is there still no specific fix to this? I am sure I am not the only one with this problem on linux?

Upvote 0
omano;n2328892 said:
Workshop for server works. If it does not work, are you running Steam on the same machine? If you do, then close Steam to run your server.

I use Linux Game Server Manager...which uses steamcmd but no steam is not running on the server. IDK man I followed the wiki and like I said I checked things numerous times. Did you see where I said I am running on LINUX not windows? Can anyone else confirm that workshop is running fine on LINUX? Maybe I am missing something? Ports are all open as well.

UPDATE: I will admin that once again looks like silly mistake on user end :D Seems to be working now and thx for official redirect as well. To be clear after manually creating cache folder on linux workshop items are now downloading. Cheers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man, I sure wish TWI would actually fix problems in a timely manner. It took over a year to get the disk IO bug fixed; and now we're having to use outdated steamclient.so/dll files in order to download workshop items, and even then it's incredibly hit or miss.
Supposedly the beta fixes the ddos issues, but will it fix the download issues? 🙄

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0