• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Stats not Saving

Angeling_

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 8, 2013
Good afternoon

My friend and I have tried to set up a dedicated killing floor server on an old desktop of hours. We were able to get it up and and running, install new maps and a few mods (the core of which will be listed below) but we seem to run into a problem; our perk stats are not saving on our server. It is a custom server that is not whitelisted, so I don't mean that the stats are not saving in a general sense, but our server profiles are not remembering the stats of our in-server statistics. After a few tests we have found that this happens whenever we shut down and restart the server; it seems to rollback our statistics.

We have the following mods:
Add Dread 1.1
Kill/damage Messages
Roll the Dice!
Server Veterancy Handler V6
The ScrN Balance V5
Utility: Chatter

does anyone have any idea or suggestion why this is happening? One theory that we have is that it has to do with a server backup that we did previously? After installing and running the server stats appeared to save (in-fact, when my stats reset they don't go to zero, but to a state where I have some experience. Whereas with my friend it doesn't seem to remember her identity at all and she logs in with 0 stats each time the server is shut down and then turned back on), but due to an error with a gun mod we rolled back the server. Before we rebuild this for the 4th time i'm wondering if anyone out there might have an ideas as to why this happens?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Angeling_

Do me a favour and check in your server system folder and see if you have a file called ServerPerks.ini or something like that - Take a look inside and it should have all player stats saved to that file. (Has to be an ini file) If it isn't there then that is your problem. Otherwise I'm not too sure to be honest. It wouldn't matter that simply turned the server off and back on because lots of main game server hosts have machine restarts etc once in a while.

I'm not familiar with the "Add Dead 1.1" and "Roll The Dice!" and also "The ScrN Balance V5" but I'm sure they wouldn't affect saving of the perk progression. Are you sure you setup the perks mod properly?

$toney

Upvote 0
Do me a favour and check in your server system folder and see if you have a file called ServerPerks.ini or something like that - Take a look inside and it should have all player stats saved to that file. (Has to be an ini file) If it isn't there then that is your problem. Otherwise I'm not too sure to be honest. It wouldn't matter that simply turned the server off and back on because lots of main game server hosts have machine restarts etc once in a while.

I'm not familiar with the "Add Dead 1.1" and "Roll The Dice!" and also "The ScrN Balance V5" but I'm sure they wouldn't affect saving of the perk progression. Are you sure you setup the perks mod properly?

$toney

Yeah, neither RTD or ScrN Balance should affect the saving of stats. I'm not familiar with "Add Dead 1.1", but generally so long as ServerPerks and ScrN (since it uses custom perks) are configured right everything should work just fine. The file name you're referring to is actually ServerPerksStat.ini though. :)

Just curious, how are you connecting to the Dedicated? I know one of the ways that ServerPerks tracks players is by IP address, so if you're connecting over LAN that could be a possible reason. Unfortunately I'm no help there, but it's a thought.

Upvote 0

$toney

It's ServerPerksStat.ini and that's where it's all saved. Check ServerPerks.ini and see if bNoSavingProgress = False, bUseRemoteDatabase=False, and bUsePlayerNameAsID=False. Also, MidGameSaveWaves=1.

Upvote 0