• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Server Perks V7 Source editing? Help?

Toblerone

Mar 21, 2015
I decided to make a server for myself and I want to change some stuff.
For example> want the medic to run 90% Faster, the berseker to run 50% faster.
I tried editing server perks v7 source code but I don't understand a lot... can someone help me please?:confused:
Just write as a comment next to every line so I know what this line of code does. Also I want the maximum damage to be 100 millions in order to reach the max 100 level, how do I do that? :(

Just write as a comment next to every line so I know what this line of code does.
Yes, sure, I'm always up for spending a few months of my spare time to help community members to fulfill their crazy ideas. But I'd like to receive a small gift in return as a reward for my work. This one should be fine.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Well its definitely up to the mutator's author on if they feel like adding comments to their code. Its beneficial if the author drops their work on it at some point and someone wanted to pick it up or for others to help offer input.

If you are going to modify the mutator at least make sure you rename it and don't claim it as your own that way there are no conflicts.

Maybe you can talk with the author of the mutator and see if they feel the changes you are looking for should be editable variables or additions to the mutator. I'm sure they appreciate the input and new ideas on how to enhance the current version.

Editable run / movement speed could be interesting modifier options and could lead to some hilarious results :)

Upvote 0
I decided to make a server for myself and I want to change some stuff.
For example> want the medic to run 90% Faster, the berseker to run 50% faster.
I tried editing server perks v7 source code but I don't understand a lot... can someone help me please?:confused:
Just write as a comment next to every line so I know what this line of code does. Also I want the maximum damage to be 100 millions in order to reach the max 100 level, how do I do that? :(

Code:
static function float GetMovementSpeedModifier(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFGameReplicationInfo KFGRI)
{
    if ( KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkillLevel == 0 )
        return 1.0;
    return 1.0 + (0.10 * float(KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkillLevel)); // Up to 60% faster MovementSpeed 
    return 1.0;
}

PS:If you change the ServerPerksP think has renamed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
static function float GetMovementSpeedModifier(KFPlayerReplicationInfo KFPRI, KFGameReplicationInfo KFGRI)
{
    if ( KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkillLevel == 0 )
        return 1.0;
    return 1.0 + (0.10 * float(KFPRI.ClientVeteranSkillLevel)); // Up to 60% faster MovementSpeed 
    return 1.0;
}

PS:If you change the ServerPerksP think has renamed

This code makes level 0 with normal speed and every other level with 1 + (0.1 x the level), meaning level 10 = 2.0 (200%). This is not limited to levels at all.

Upvote 0
This code makes level 0 with normal speed and every other level with 1 + (0.1 x the level), meaning level 10 = 2.0 (200%). This is not limited to levels at all.

I completely agree do with Flux! Help this guy so in this case if you understand what he is trying to do! This will take you 2 minutes and you'll do your good deed for the day! ;)

I am very disappointed for a while to see what should be fun become a strategy or anything evil healthy for all of us! This is not a moral lesson far from just an observation, I think! includes everything I am just certainly take a long time and sometimes we did not want to take us head to explain! But by the time a copy paste suffice to make someone happy when the guy recompile the mod and realize that it works on its server makes him a happy guy certe he will seek a modder else it's going to be I think most of her through her stage I'm not going enumerates but these people will understand what I mean I'm not talking about those whose informatic profession and these are their thanks also to them and for my part thank you can provide us with the means we provide the fun! When I see that we started talking about money for a piece of code I think that this degrades communauter which are a shame what should be a fun game eventually become like the rest of the world in which we live all a nice ****ing in which the power just the fame and money reign! these disappointing !!

ps:sorry for my english of beginner!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I completely agree do with Flux! Help this guy so in this case if you understand what he is trying to do! This will take you 2 minutes and you'll do your good deed for the day! ;)

I am very disappointed for a while to see what should be fun become a strategy or anything evil healthy for all of us! This is not a moral lesson far from just an observation, I think! includes everything I am just certainly take a long time and sometimes we did not want to take us head to explain! But by the time a copy paste suffice to make someone happy when the guy recompile the mod and realize that it works on its server makes him a happy guy certe he will seek a modder else it's going to be I think most of her through her stage I'm not going enumerates but these people will understand what I mean I'm not talking about those whose informatic profession and these are their thanks also to them and for my part thank you can provide us with the means we provide the fun! When I see that we started talking about money for a piece of code I think that this degrades communauter which are a shame what should be a fun game eventually become like the rest of the world in which we live all a nice ****ing in which the power just the fame and money reign! these disappointing !!

ps:sorry for my english of beginner!!

amen

Upvote 0

For the first time in a LONG time, something actually nice and worth reading. You made my day just on this :p

I'll help you if you want but I will not go around telling you what each code there is. There is so many references to different files that it'll take me way too long to explain to you. If you let us know what you want, we'll gladly help you in the direction (for learning purposes maybe?) or explain and give it to you (prefer not to as it's nice for people to learn what they are doing).

Yeah, let us know.

P.S. Nice speech Stuxnet, I agree with it completely :)

Reactions: ***Stuxnet***
Upvote 0
I want to learn how to do it for myself, I'm currently making a solo server and I add all kind of guns and mods, now I'm learning how to compile, decompile and it gives me lots of errors but I will learn, and don't worry, I will never post someone's work and change it a little bit and then say it's my own because I appreciate the modder's work on that Mutator, I know what it costs to become a pro, for me it's 5-9 hours a day and I don't understand much of it because there are no video tutorials that show me how to do it... And I would NEVER ever use a mutator on my own server to sell stats.
Have a nice day :)

Upvote 0
Well its definitely up to the mutator's author on if they feel like adding comments to their code. Its beneficial if the author drops their work on it at some point and someone wanted to pick it up or for others to help offer input.

If you are going to modify the mutator at least make sure you rename it and don't claim it as your own that way there are no conflicts.

Maybe you can talk with the author of the mutator and see if they feel the changes you are looking for should be editable variables or additions to the mutator. I'm sure they appreciate the input and new ideas on how to enhance the current version.

Editable run / movement speed could be interesting modifier options and could lead to some hilarious results :)

1. I asked Marco if I can edit it, he allowed me to do so.
2. I won't claim it's my own because I appreciate his work done on the project.

Upvote 0