• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server not showing up in game browser and vac not getting turned on

Heya,

So I decided to host a new server from my home. It's of course unranked and I'd like to have VAC enabled. The line in ROEngine.ini says:
Code:
bUseVAC=true

Still, webadmin tells me VAC is off.

And another problem. My server isn't showing up anywhere on the server browser. Not in ranked, unranked, favorites or history. However, I can join it via the console with IP just fine. Other friends can join as well. Gametracker doesn't recognize the server either.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. this is my first RO2 server

Bumping an ancient thread, I also have this issue. Did anyone get it working behind NAT? I can connect to the server from the internet, but it doesn't show up in the server list. The issue seems to be that while the client socket binds to 0.0.0.0, the query one binds to my local 192.168.*.* address. In the console the server says it's ranked because it's in a CIDR range, maybe bacause TWI whitelisted their local ip addresses, and it seems to be client-authoritative.
I can post whatever additional info you might need.

Thank you.

Upvote 0