• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Server map list issues

Draegonfly

• Apr 4, 2019
    When this UI fix was implemented:
    Fixed the sorting order of the maps correcting the placement of Moonbase
    it was done with this code:
    bForceMapSorting=true
    which ruins any custom map list on servers, as it alphabetizes the list.
    My servers had a very detailed map list, with custom maps, custom games and the ability to vote for game modes, like Objective, Weekly, etc. It can no longer be kept in any kind of category, as they just get scrambled.
    Setting the value to false, or at least giving us a choice about sorting alphabetically or not, would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• maplist.PNG
      maplist.PNG
      318.4 KB · Views: 8
    Reactions: ®omano
    I'm gonna add to this that "open KF-Nuked?game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_WeeklySurvival" now takes the game to Biotic's Lab weekly, so even that isn't working anymore. I haven't tried it with other game modes, but I suspect similar results.
    EDIT
    it does the same thing with all game modes, including custom maps. The only thing it gets right is the mode itself (weekly, objective, etc) and the difficulty, but the map is always Biotic's Lab. What it looks like is that the "open" is read as part of the map name now - log says "open Nuked does not exist, substituting for Biotic's Lab". Thing is, this worked before and now it doesn't, since Moonbase "fix" with forcing map list to alphabetize.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0