• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server lags on 20/30 of players. Not CPU problem

Hello all forum members. I want to ask for some additional help about my dedicated server with custom weapons and some new zombies. It's based on Linux VPS hosting.
My problem is that all players starts having high ping around 100-182 on higher waves like 6-7/10 and server spams log's about TelList out of bounds, Accessed None 'A' and etc. I know it's map problems, but when I play with around 20 people in server it lags, but if I check htop CPU usage in putty it's jumping from 60 to 80 percent. I wanna ask, if there's any solution to optimize server? I mean "playing" with KillingFloor.ini players tickrates and etc.
P.S. MaxZombiesAtOnce=32 and I'm using UZeds, which is set to max 1800 zeds per wave.

My Linux VPS specs:
1269MB RAM
3GHZ of CPU
15GB SSD
80Mbps Network

Last edited:
3GHz single CPU or what? If this is a single, definitely need to update this to atleast a dual but preferably a quad.
1GB of RAM? Definitely need to get this higher if you want a highly used server with a high amount of players.

The other two specs are ok for now. It also depends on what you want to achieve too. DO you only want the one server or do you want to do a few?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Single CPU is fine it's just that it's like having one person doing multiple tasks. having two CPUs makes it easier as less stress on one and can change each CPU to do different things (so two people doing different things).

1 CPU is fine, especially for one server. It all depends on what is going on in the background. What sort of things do you have on the server? This will be a big issue to what could be happening. I mean mods etc of course.

Upvote 0
I think I've fixed problem.. My server was creating tee logs, with the date and time on its logs. So if it was flooding Errors, it was flooding ucc.log and ex. log-2015-12-07-11:37:02 by the time. Then I turned it down and now only the ucc.log shows up. I done it, because I thought that why server is doing the same thing 2 times. In killingfloor.ini I set up NetMaxTickRate=30 and it seems that things got better :) In addition to your question - server isn't modded too much, just Shiver,Jason,Brute, many custom weapons, Vip guns and Vip skin system, Slot machine and etc :) Its not overloaded with neccessary stuff..

Upvote 0