• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server freezes after 10 seconds playtime

this sucks

this sucks

Man I tried everything but nothing works. I'm not the big IT pro but truly that you have so much problems on so much modems really sucks when we know that you are supposed to be a multiplayer game.
Can we not have an option that takes of the update.
Can you imagine that it is your updating that blocks our systems...???

Upvote 0
Unfortunately DEATH, this is not something that we can fix, this is a known problem with Killing Floor and a select few routers.

Also, please try Zetsumei's suggestion, if you could:

No joy here using an o2 box. If o2 issued routers, and bt home hubs don't work - I'd suggest that's more than "a select few".

If it's not something you can/will fix does that mean I can get a refund? Basically, every other game I've got works fine.

Upvote 0
If it's not something you can/will fix does that mean I can get a refund?

If they started giving out refunds, can you imagine how many people would start "having problems with their routers" to get their money back (and continue playing the game)? :rolleyes:

I'd suggest considering getting a new router to be honest. They aren't that expensive any more. :)

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but to throw the blame of the way YOU wrote your software BT and Thomson routers is ridiculous.

I can't imagine how many people in the UK have O2 / BT / Be as their ISP and are using these routers completely successfully with games and other products except this one.

And yet you expect the manufacturers of said routers to rewrite their code to accomodate your programming?

You expect your PAYING customers to either cough up for an alternative manufacturer router - possibly of course in breach of the T's & C's of their ISP of stop using a product that we've paid good money for??

It's a wee bit insulting and arrogant to be honest. If anyone should recode their product it should be you, given that to date it's the single product that has failed to work with what is otherwise a rock solid product from my ISP.

Oh and even then I'm not convinced, since I've tried it with a spare Netgear I have sitting around and it does the same thing with that!

Your product is fundamentally at fault and you should either be fixing it or offering refunds to the many of us that are affected!

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but to throw the blame of the way YOU wrote your software BT and Thomson routers is ridiculous.

I can't imagine how many people in the UK have O2 / BT / Be as their ISP and are using these routers completely successfully with games and other products except this one.

And yet you expect the manufacturers of said routers to rewrite their code to accomodate your programming?

You expect your PAYING customers to either cough up for an alternative manufacturer router - possibly of course in breach of the T's & C's of their ISP of stop using a product that we've paid good money for??

It's a wee bit insulting and arrogant to be honest. If anyone should recode their product it should be you, given that to date it's the single product that has failed to work with what is otherwise a rock solid product from my ISP.

Oh and even then I'm not convinced, since I've tried it with a spare Netgear I have sitting around and it does the same thing with that!

Your product is fundamentally at fault and you should either be fixing it or offering refunds to the many of us that are affected!

So, you have a Netgear modem/router that works with your ISP, but doesn't work with our game? So, it's just the phone line into the Netgear device, out to your computer, and that doesn't work either? That's the first I've ever heard.

The only products that our players have had an issue are the BT and Thomson(which o2 uses) lines of products. There are literally hundreds of modem/router manufacturers in the world and those are the only 2 we've heard of issues with. This is the reasoning for us taking the stance that BT and Thomson are at fault. We have certainly discussed the need to found some way to resolve this issue, but the sad fact is that we can't replicate such issues in our studio. In fact, we haven't even heard of anyone having this issue in the United States. We would be purely guessing as to what the issue is with no way of actually testing it.

Upvote 0
This still doesnt solve anything to do with the router problems - i bought this game to play with my friends and since i have a wireless BT router with which I got for free from my ISP and have no problems with any other game at all (and trust me ive played ALOT and all online) I am not willing to pay out another

Upvote 0
Placing your computer in the DMZ(DeMilitarized Zone) on the router has been found to be a working fix.

We have not been able to create this problem State-side, as BT/Thomson routers are only available in the UK, so we are unable to fix it.

We will be looking into potential fixes for this in the next update, but we can't make any promises at this time.

Upvote 0
I get the same problem with the walking into walls and freezing of the game. It's not within 10 seconds though. About 1 out of every 10 games I will make it all the way through. Sometimes it hangs up around the 3-4 wave. Sometimes at the very beginning. Reconnecting doesn't fix it for me though, because every time this happens it completely disconnects my internet and I have to go power cycle my router. I have a Netgear router. It worked just fine for the first while right after launch but some time inbetween something happened and I can't even play the game in multiplayer (solo works fine, but just isn't the same) without risking having to power cycle my router. Tried updating the drivers and all that jazz. Still nothing.

I'm wireless, by the way, in case that plays a factor.

Upvote 0
oh man.
i am having the same problem.
i've played the game without problem until de last update. But after the update i am having this lags issues :/

btw, my router is a D-Link 500G and my computer is already on the DMZ.
i hope you could fix it, cause i've pre-ordered the game and from the beginning until the last update i was playing completely normal.

Upvote 0
So, you have a Netgear modem/router that works with your ISP, but doesn't work with our game? So, it's just the phone line into the Netgear device, out to your computer, and that doesn't work either? That's the first I've ever heard.

Perhaps I misread that but you are suggesting that a different type of ADSL router won't work with my ISP? As for the bit about the phone line etc - well perhaps it's me, but it made no sense whatsoever.

The only products that our players have had an issue are the BT and Thomson(which o2 uses) lines of products. There are literally hundreds of modem/router manufacturers in the world and those are the only 2 we've heard of issues with. This is the reasoning for us taking the stance that BT and Thomson are at fault. We have certainly discussed the need to found some way to resolve this issue, but the sad fact is that we can't replicate such issues in our studio. In fact, we haven't even heard of anyone having this issue in the United States. We would be purely guessing as to what the issue is with no way of actually testing it.

Did you not do any testing outside of the USA then? Since O2 and BT are fairly large ISP's it seems difficult to believe that this didn't come to light until post-release?

Perhaps, rather than alienating your customers, you might want to allow us to work with you to find a resolution? Or give me my money back and you can have the license back. Either works for me.

PS - whilst I don't claim to be a god of anythg DSL related [it's not my field of expertise], or a programmer, nor am I a knuckle-dragging, retard, and currently I'm working for Microsoft (in a technical capacity).

This is a great game. Or at least it has been the very, very few times I've been able to play it. Some of the postings by TW representatives have done nothing except alienate a good portion of users. Surely you can appreciate the frustration of buying something you cannot use, to only then have the blame land squarely on someone else's shoulders and be insulted when you complain?

Or maybe you really don't care?

Upvote 0
And I may have the wrong end of the stick, but I thought (happy to be corrected on this one) that putting a PC into the DMZ of a typical home router basically opened it up completely to the internet as though no firewall was present?

Is that the case? And if it is, are you really advocating that as a solution??

Upvote 0
I've not been able to play Killing Floor online since it was released, this was a pain, but I took it on the chin. When I updated to Windows 7 I decided to look to see if my problem was resolved, turns out it wasn't, however I did find the reconnect solution, and it works!

I use a BT Home Hub - and while it is annoying that my router is the cause of the problem I totally undertand that this is really out of your control. You can't test every type of router on every type of PC, it would be impossible. This is espically true when said routers are not even avaiable worldwide, or even in the country of origin!

I am glad to hear that Thompson have replied, thankfully for me the reconnect command seems to work perfectly, and I accidently lost the last 3 hours in Killing Floor - for the first time since its release.

Good luck on a solution, and I wish everyone who cannot connect to KF a speedy resolution!

Upvote 0
Placing your computer in the DMZ(DeMilitarized Zone) on the router has been found to be a working fix.

We have not been able to create this problem State-side, as BT/Thomson routers are only available in the UK, so we are unable to fix it.

We will be looking into potential fixes for this in the next update, but we can't make any promises at this time.

hi [TW] i have the same problem i have a Thomson speedtouch 546T whitch sems to be the problem i live in norwey and Thomson also a normal homehub/ruters to get .. i have a frend who is workicg whit networcks and he trayd out all we cude find in the forum and the DMZ dident worke..
i hope this wil give you som more info on ruters and i rely hope ther gona be a fix in the next update..
ps..i have dys and hope you can read it from a man who love your game and hope ther is a chanse i can play online agen

Upvote 0