• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server freezes after 10 seconds playtime

I played Killing Floor just fine for about 1/2 months until 3rd July, i played it regularly with no problem until the 3rd of July, there were no changes in software or hardware configurations.

My router is a Thomson TG784. I reinstalled vista x64 to make sure it was clean from malicious software. I'm also 100% sure the firewall is properly configured. Every game i play has no related issue.

Sidenote: When i connect to a KF server now, my ping is 999 for half a second every 5 seconds for the 1st minute after connection.

Upvote 0
Router: Thomson TG585 v7

I have this problem also, I could reconnect when the game first game out to eventually get on a sever but since the July 2nd update it doesn't matter how many times I reconnect I always get the freeze 10-20 seconds in

Hope this gets fixed soon as I quite liked the look of the update :(

Upvote 0
It sounds like the Thomson line of Hubs/Routers are having the same issues as the BT Home Hub since the latest update. Can you guys with the Thomson products contact their technical support about the issue? We've already got the BT guys contacting their office.

Basically, we're trying to push them to update their hardware to be compatible with the traffic patterns of Killing Floor. It seems that BT and Thomson Hubs/Routers have issues with the way Killing Floor communicates with the servers and closes the connection on you guys.

Upvote 0
Im running a D-Link WBR-1310 with Tekksavvy DSL Internet (canada). Im getting this same issue - connect to any server (Ive tried 10 different servers) and I get lagged out after 10-20 seconds (all players move in spot, or run into walls, zombies start moving in place, cannot switch camera views - typical lag out issues)

http://www.dlink.com/corporate/worldwideoffices/?redirect=/default.aspx?source=support&url=/

Ive updated the firmwire, disconnected and reconnected the router/modem many times. I just purchased this game 3 days ago after having countless LAN fun at a friends to find that it doesn't work online :-(

Upvote 0
I have bought the game a week ago.. A friend of me has the steam version and he also play the cracked (no-steam) version. I know it's illegal and i don't use it but what funny is is that when i connect to a cracked server with teh cracked version of the game he never freezed. But if i connect to the same cracked server with steam he freezed when i am playing 10 seconds. So ther is something other with the no-steam. Maybe we can find so a solution for the legal version of the game.

Maybe the problem is by steam?

I hope i don't get banned because i have used the cracked version to check the connecting problem. Sorry for my bad english..:D

Upvote 0
Dlink Router DI-604

Dlink Router DI-604

Im having about the same problem as previously described. I join a game and after about 10 seconds after I get in and move around my whole computer freeze up and I have to reboot with on-switch.

I bought the game last week and played without problems.
Im quite sure my system is not the cause..

ISP: Bredbandsbolaget 50mbit
Router: D-Link DI-604

CPU: Core i7 2,6ghz
RAM: 6gb 1333mhz
GPU: Radeon 4870 X2 2GB Ram
OS: Windows 7 64-bit (this is the only thing I can think of that might have something to do with the problems..but it still does not explain why the game worked just fine for a whole week)

I really want to play so I hope someone will find a solution soon!

Upvote 0