• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server freezes after 10 seconds playtime

banzaino

Jun 7, 2009
Hello,

I bought the game like a week ago. All fine until last update.
Kind of a new document showed up that I had to approve and since then every time I enter a game all freezes after ten seconds.
The time freezes, monsters walk to the walls, and my bullets do not touch anybody or thing anymore...

Checked my connection, and all is fine, but what was the last update about?

Thx for the help!

Banzaino

I have this problem too and have already spoke about it on another post, but I have found that when everything starts walking in to walls (usually after the first 5-10 seconds of play), if you disconnect from the server and then reconnect to the same server straight away and it will be fine. The only problem is there is no easy way to reconnect to the same server as there is no "reconnect" button, so you will have to remember the server name and find it again in the server browser.

Its a mega pain because I have to do it every time I play but at least I can still play. Hope that helps you out.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response but, reconnect wont work. When I type reconnect into the console it comes up in the middle of the screen that its connecting but it just don't do anything. I still have to disconnect then find the same server in the server browser and connect to it again for everything to be ok.

This seems to be the only way to solve everything freezing and monsters/players walking into walls. This happens so much that I have found myself right clicking on a server and going add to favorites before I connect the first time so that I can quickly find it again after it all goes up the wall.

If a steam friend is in a server you can just click join game again through the steam overlay which works too.

Upvote 0
I have an issue dentical to that of banzaino, liquid_squid, Patakraam and benliles3. I cannot play the game because on every attempt to join a server - any server at all - a bizarre "freeze" takes place after a maximum of a 8-10 seconds (and sometimes not even after that long). What happens it that every Experiment and every other player already in the game will seem to lock into whatever movement direction they were in at the moment of the freeze and then mindlessly head that way, trying to walk through each other, or through a wall, etc. If I had already been given a life by the game, instead of being on spectator mode, then I can roam around freely during this freeze but am unable to interact with any objects, etc., the timer for the Trader stops, and shooting does not deplete any ammunition, etc.

This is a show-stopping bug for me and I can't continue until it's fixed. The workaround that has been suggested here doesn't work for me.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem as well. to get around this annoying bug, I join a server and wait til the i lose connection and the specimen and players' characters just walk forward into walls...

then i bring up the console by pressing the apostrophe button ( ' )... then type "reconnect" and hit enter, but i have to do type reconnect and hit enter twice to actually start reconnecting to the server. after that, i can play in the server just fine and not lose connection.

rather than typing "reconnect" again, you can simply press the down arrow key to bring it up again.

also, sometimes, when i type "reconnect" in the console, it will take me back to the main menu, but if i do the reconnect thing again it usually works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also have the BT Homehub 2 and my ISP is BT.

After reading the posts here I have found that typing reconnect does work when typed twice into the console, after typing it once it says connecting, but does nothing then typing it again actually reconnects, if that helps anyone.

I also have a friend who is also using the BT Homehub 2 and is also having the same problem. I wonder if its the Homehub?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doesn't work. The game worked fine before the update, so I see this correlation as a problem that TripWire has caused as no other game I have ever played has had this problem.

Upvote 0
If you bought the game on the 19th of June, then you haven't received an update from us. Based off the responses we've gotten from everyone having this issue, the only people with the issue are owners of some version of the BT Home Hub. Thus, we know that it is a particular issue with that Hub. We are attempting to work with BT to fix the problem, but we can rush the process along if you all contact BT about the problem directly and request they do something to fix it.

Upvote 0
If you bought the game on the 19th of June, then you haven't received an update from us. Based off the responses we've gotten from everyone having this issue, the only people with the issue are owners of some version of the BT Home Hub. Thus, we know that it is a particular issue with that Hub. We are attempting to work with BT to fix the problem, but we can rush the process along if you all contact BT about the problem directly and request they do something to fix it.

I will do so then.

Upvote 0