• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server doesn't show in Server Browser

MBOmnis

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
This is probably the millionth time someone asked for help regarding this, and the last time I had this sort of trouble was literally years ago. Decided to reinstall to play the upcoming Monster Masquerade event (and play with the shiny new guns).

The major change this time around is that I'm using a different router (TL-WR840N) and apparently all of the configurations have been done properly.

I can see my own server in the LAN tab, however nobody else can find or join it.

The facts are:
kf2server.exe has been added to Windows Firewall exceptions

I have configured the router to open all of the appropriate ports (7777 , 27015 , 8080 for web admin , 20560 , 123 for weekly outbreak) and everything appears to be ok. WebAdmin works perfectly, I do get a Steam UID when the server is up and running (meaning it succeeds in communicating with Steam via port 27015), but apparently the actual connection port (which is 7777, I believe) seems to not be properly forwarded.

I've installed the proper redistributables from UE3Redist.exe found in the server/binaries/redist folder.

Since I'm completely stumped at this moment, I believe it's better if anyone of you started asking me questions about server configuration so you might help me spot something I may have missed.

Dunno if this is relevant, but the Dedicated Server is installed onto drive E:\, which is not the same as the drive where Windows 10, Steam itself or the main KF2 client are installed.

I can provide screenshots of the router's config screens but it'll be in Portuguese and I don't know how to change its language. I can translate each of the labels and options, of course.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help this noob. :)

EDIT:
I found the cause of the issue. Apparently my router wasn't saving the port forwarding configuration I was setting up. As soon as I finished and clicked "save", the menu would show the ports as forwarded but in truth, they weren't. This made me think the issue was with how I was setting it up.

A firmware update fixed this problem. Please close this thread ♥

Last edited: