• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Server Browser still inoperable

EchoJ7

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
The North
Though I appreciate that TW are a small company and there has been numerous other problems to deal with I am beginning to loose my patience with the server browser, namely that 90% of the time it returns no servers. I can't help but feel that this game should of be delayed for a couple of months and the beta should of began much, much earlier because right now this issue, amongst other problems, is destroying the game.

I've tried the suggested fixes, they do no work nor does exiting steam. Any other suggestions?

Same problem right here, started today.
I was playing the game this morning, and stopped for a while to have lunch. When I came back, the server browser started reporting 0/0 all the time. Have been trying to fix it for about 2 hours without success.

Also tried the masterserver fix, didn't change a thing, so I don't really understand what changed in order for this problem to appear..

Upvote 0
Though I appreciate that TW are a small company and there has been numerous other problems to deal with I am beginning to loose my patience with the server browser, namely that 90% of the time it returns no servers. I can't help but feel that this game should of be delayed for a couple of months and the beta should of began much, much earlier because right now this issue, amongst other problems, is destroying the game.

I've tried the suggested fixes, they do no work nor does exiting steam. Any other suggestions?

Same here - was working fine yesterday, now it won't work and the posted fix doesn't fix anything.

I'm ready to just stop playing this game altogether. This is my day off and I have better things to do than make my game look worse than Half Life 2 in order to get more than 50 FPS and still be unable to play multiplayer.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I also have the same issue running under Windows 7 x64 SP1 with the latest version (beta) of the Steam client.

The browser returns 0 servers etc but reports that xxxx amount of players are playing. It also will not connect to any servers via console. Master server fix has been applied. When attempting to connect to a server via the Steam browser (the RO2 filter within Steam successfully populates) the connection times out. If you browse the details of the server you are trying to join from within Steam it replies "server not responding".

Luckily, this same machine is also dual boot with Windows XP x86 SP3. On this machine the in-game server browser works correctly 95% of the time. The Steam server browser also responds faultlessly when querying details.

The only fix I did to the XP install was to copy the Master server files.

I've tried various things with the Windows 7 install, firewall off/custom rules on router/removing antivirus/putting the machine in the DMZ of my router, copying the game files from the Windows XP install but to no avail.

Personally from all the testing i've done I think its a Steam problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0