• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seriously stop complaining about weapon loadouts

OP, prove you don't play German all the time and then post this. I always get the feeling lots of German only players are scared to death of the beloved MKB's being taken away. I would Hazard a guess that, contrary to OP's statement that the majority of people in Stalingrad used bolts.

But he is right though, you can't just rambo around without your full auto-just-as-accurate-machine-gun-with-bayonet, or your 100-yard-headshot-one-hit-kill-SMG.

Upvote 0
Yea because you are very creditable and must be sure the standard issue rifle was not used widely in Stalingrad. Stalingrad was a big city not every battle in it was house to house some were on open ground because of the bombings or in the outskirts. On a positive note the loadouts might stop being so much of a problem because it will now be somewhat adjustable.

Upvote 0
Do you even know how Stalingrad was fought? you go out there with a bolt action you were pretty much dead meat. Jeez. It was door to door, urban warfare, there were deadly firefights just to take over the kitchen, only to prepare yourself to take the dining room. If you want the most realistic WW2 battle for Stalingrad game then this is it.

Is there any way to make new posters who register take a history test before being allowed to join?

I mean seriously, if I had a nickle for every time I saw a poster who pretended to know something about history or firearm mechanics I'd be able to buy my girlfriend those fancy side loading washer and dryer combos.

Upvote 0
Down with Mkbs! They don't even belong in Stalingrad.
stop your whining :p, didnt you know 1 trillion german troops had these in stalingrad and rode atop unicorns and griffins :p

the bolt action is not entirely usless in CQC, in the game that is - I dont know about RL, its got awesome stabbing abilities

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there any way to make new posters who register take a history test before being allowed to join?

I mean seriously, if I had a nickle for every time I saw a poster who pretended to know something about history or firearm mechanics I'd be able to buy my girlfriend those fancy side loading washer and dryer combos.
Funny and sexist at the same time ;)

Upvote 0
Perhaps 65% of the forum community is intimately aware of how the battle of Stalingrad was fought, and it was not fought with German assult troopers running amok with Mkbs. Next!

I think it's the more recent belief that in WW2 there were no weapons but bolt-actions that bothers me.

It might just be me but I don't see a person using a bolt rifle as any better or worse than someone with any other weapon, yet here it's like you're the devil himself if you prefer anything but a bolt-action.

People take too much pride in it, and it's starting to mess with the direction of the community and possibly game.

Upvote 0
Do you even know how Stalingrad was fought? you go out there with a bolt action you were pretty much dead meat. Jeez. It was door to door, urban warfare, there were deadly firefights just to take over the kitchen, only to prepare yourself to take the dining room. If you want the most realistic WW2 battle for Stalingrad game then this is it.

Just die and watch the world average of IQ go up by 30 points.

Upvote 0