• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sentinel damages teammates when replaced

Thanks for the report. Passing along to QA.
To add to above comments for more clarification. The sentinel can actually insta-kill teammates with full health/armor under specific conditions which are: The sentinel has to first be in recharge mode or down (when showing red after it's firing animation is concluded), then if a player is standing directly underneath or within the radius of the Sentinel's immediate vicinity, once a Zed gets close it will trigger the Sentinel's auto self destruct which in turn kills the player instantly. The kill meter then displays the player death as if it was a self inflicted death.

Upvote 0
To add to above comments for more clarification. The sentinel can actually insta-kill teammates with full health/armor under specific conditions which are: The sentinel has to first be in recharge mode or down (when showing red after it's firing animation is concluded), then if a player is standing directly underneath or within the radius of the Sentinel's immediate vicinity, once a Zed gets close it will trigger the Sentinel's auto self destruct which in turn kills the player instantly. The kill meter then displays the player death as if it was a self inflicted death.
It will only kill friendly players if the owner has died. But even if the owner has respawned next wave and the sentinel is still there, it still will kill anyone once it pops (including the owner). I've reproduced the bug here.

Reactions: Yharl_Ballin
Upvote 0
It will only kill friendly players if the owner has died. But even if the owner has respawned next wave and the sentinel is still there, it still will kill anyone once it pops (including the owner). I've reproduced the bug here.
Yep that's it but i did not know the player who places the sentinel has to be downed first in order for it to instakill you. Good info and video demonstration

Upvote 0