• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Send off for ROOST - 24 hours of RO1 before the release of RO2

If we stay up the 24 hours before the launch of ROHOS, then when ROHOS comes out the majority of people that sleep will be to tired to play the most amazing game in existence.. right?

Due to a glitch everybody's adrenaline bar (it will be changed:p) irl will also suddenly be full permanently so nobody will notice they have been up for 24 hours

Reactions: Nylle and Landrik
Upvote 0
I think it would be best if someone patched up the old mod maps for this. I think it would be snazzy to play those oldies for a big final event, like sparta... and berlin!

berlin.jpg

Upvote 0
I re-read my post from earlier in the thread and realized there's maybe 5 people at the most who remember the Sumo Matches we held on Lyes Krovy back in the day.

Basically the Sumo Matches are something I came up with for the melee lovers out there. This is where the Sumo Ring is on Lyes Krovy.
sumoring2.png

These are the rules of the Sumo Fights -

Only two people in the ring at one time. These are 1-on-1 matches.
The winner stays. The loser gets back in line.
You MUST stay in the ring. If you fall into the trench at any point, you automatically lose. (The wooden part of the ring is legal)
Only bayo's or buttstocks are allowed (melee only). If you fire your gun, you're out.
DO NOT interfere with the current fight from outside of the ring.
DO NOT do distracting crap outside of the ring because you are tired of waiting for your turn (Like firing your gun, wounding other players, or throwing smoke into the ring, etc. Don't be an asshat).
Both players should start at their appropriate starting spot and respect the other players 'readiness'. Basically make sure the other player is ready to fight before you go running at him.
Overall, treat the whole thing with respect.

sumoring.png

Ideally you would want to password the server so randoms dont join up and screw up the Matches. Giving out passwords ensures you will have people in the server who are there to participate, will act mature, and overall love taking part in and watching the art of melee.

I've never seen someone go more than about 5-6 wins in a row. Who can set the new record? How many wins in a row can you get? Do you think you can hang with the best? Who is the most badass melee'er in town?

Anyone who has a server they'd like to use for something like this, please step up!

Upvote 0
I've never seen someone go more than about 5-6 wins in a row. Who can set the new record? How many wins in a row can you get? Do you think you can hang with the best? Who is the most badass melee'er in town?

Anyone who has a server they'd like to use for something like this, please step up!

Let me check, we should have enough in Europe to run on a 16 man server...

TWB*MorganEarp

Upvote 0
Smokey said:
You could always make a new map and use that melee rifle mut.

Well, somebody could (hint).. wouldnt be me though :D

Anyway.. since your idea was to have a 24 hour send-off. I just thought you could have maybe like a 1-hour Sumo Tourney within that timeframe, just for kicks. Crown the person with the longest win streak in that time the King Of Melee or some sh!te :p

Upvote 0
I am afraid that it will get released during summer when I will be back home and home means just a crappy laptop that can hardly manage Ost. So my only choice then will be to play in a net cafe near my house.

However, I plan on tying myself on the chair and pc, therefore forcing them to keep it open through the night so I can play Ost non stop and then fire up HoS the next day.

DAMN YOU TRIP RELEASE BEFORE SUMMER VACATIOOOOOOONS... :(

Edit: Just read through the last couple posts that I had missed all this time, yup bring on the custom events, especially the sumo part :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am afraid that it will get released during summer when I will be back home and home means just a crappy laptop that can hardly manage Ost. So my only choice then will be to play in a net cafe near my house.

However, I plan on tying myself on the chair and pc, therefore forcing them to keep it open through the night so I can play Ost non stop and then fire up HoS the next day.

DAMN YOU TRIP RELEASE BEFORE SUMMER VACATIOOOOOOONS... :(

Same for me, but I don't even have a net cafe I can go to. But at least my laptop can handle ROOST fairly well. So it would actually be beneficial to me if they released after the summer so the ROOST servers stay populated.

Upvote 0
Yeah true, a September release is even better, right before the big titles are released (CoD + BF3) so its not right on them, but its not too old for people to easily forget about it. Hell, if gets the same "treatment" as some other successful indie games have got (Magicka most recently) it might even start an internet "uproar" finally demanding some quality titles that respect the intelligence of the players, which can be only good when the same old **** gets released with just a different wrap (yes CoD, thats you)

Upvote 0