• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Send off for ROOST - 24 hours of RO1 before the release of RO2

smokeythebear

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
I was thinking of doing some kind of crazy kickoff for RO2's launch. Anyone else interested?

I could borrow or set up a live stream for it. The idea is pretty much play for 24 hours as a send off to one of the greatest games ever made. Hopefully with a set time we can get huge peak numbers for RO before RO2 launches.

*edit*

If you want to be a part of this join the steam group by clicking the image below!

Note that you don't have to play the full 24 hours to be part of this :p

Last edited:
Ignoring the creative ways the community will deal with the final moments before getting their hands on RO2, I hope TWI has some sort of event as well? I could see having the few days before RO2 comes out being a free weekend of some sort for Ostfront.

Not entirely sure about that.

The whole point of HOES's accessibility, is so a lot of players don't get scared in their first contact with the game. Giving them to try Ostfront first, kinda defeats that purpose.

Remember that people are used to franchises in which the sequels are merely a re-skin of the predecessors. A lot of people will judge HOES from Ostfront, thinking it's gonna be the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
But then I'll pass out and won't be able to play RO2 :D!

I was thinking about that too. Maybe Ill time it so there will be a chance to sleep and then wake up to RO2. Probably on the weekend before the launch date.

Ignoring the creative ways the community will deal with the final moments before getting their hands on RO2, I hope TWI has some sort of event as well? I could see having the few days before RO2 comes out being a free weekend of some sort for Ostfront.

I really hope they don't. I'll even go as far to say that TW shouldn't bundle OST with the preorder of RO2. It's really a struggle for new players to get into it, I know from watching friends become frustrated when playing for the first few times. I think the biggest reason for is the lack of good bots and training modes for people to get comfortable with the controls and gameplay. In RO2 it will give new players a much better chance at success and enjoyment early on.

Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0