• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Selecting role before enough players join a new map will change your role by one slot

Tummel

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
During online play, on a server with enough slots (happened on 64-slot servers to me), your role might get "shifted up".

When map changes and new map begins role selection, assume you join among first 1-4 players.

Select any role (observed with MG role) except assault or rifle class, i.e. slots 3-6. Note that elite rifleman role is not yet present as there are too few players joined.

As more players join, the elite rifleman slot appears, after rifle and assault classes but before MG class. The time window for this is typically quite short, a few seconds.

Assuming you have selected e.g. MG role before elite rifleman appears, the role menu selection you've made stays at same line i.e. instead of MG role you now are in elite rifleman role.

My guess is that the role selection menu selected role bar "remembers" the absolute position of your role, i.e. 3rd line, instead of really remembering your actual role.

Nowadays, I'll usually wait a few seconds till elite rifleman appears before making role selection - unless I like being assault or rifleman.

Thanks for the information, it was a pretty good find. We have created a report(0014110) for this issue and have linked the report to this thread.

This was reported already last month...

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73218

Tummel also wrote there and I.
Seems like we have to spam with new threads so you really notice these bugs?

About spawning:

Fix the disappearing spawn selection menu when you want to reselect another spawn.
When Commander uses Force-Respawn or you change your weapon when waiting to spawn, those 2 things will make you spawn on the default spawn place, not on the spawn you reselected.

Falling under map when spawned.

Reactions: Gudenrath
Upvote 0
This happens to me too. When I enter a game I like to pick squad 3 or squad 4 so I wait until more people show up. Whenever enough people show up the squad 3 and 4 slots open up. But then my entire squad selection shifts down and squad 3 and squad 4 disappear and squad 1 and squad 2 takes its place and the area that squad 1 and 2 were in is just a big blank spot.

Before

--------------------------
Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

Squad 4

After 2-3 s, also unable to scroll down to where squad 3 and squad 4 should be.

Squad 1

Squad 2

Upvote 0
Does anyone else experience this bug when they try to select a squad to join? I have a friend who confirms that the positions get shifted around so he has trouble joining a position that he wants in a certain squad. People who select classes right away end up taking the spots. This is frustrating because some of my friends want to join in as a squad together so we can work as a squad. I am also wondering if the devs know about this bug?

Upvote 0