• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seeing time left in a round before you join

Steely.Glnt

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 1, 2007
Is there anyway to see how long is left on a map before you join the server, and if not would this be feasible given that you can see the players?

Apologies if I am being blind/stupid.

ps- Need powerups and med kits too. I assume they will be in the next patch? :D

Jesus yes, for the poor people who get 10 minutes to load a map only to realize there's 5 seconds left.
PLEASE MAKE IT SO

Tell me about it. The number of times my aged machine has just finished loading (e.g.) Kreigstadt before switching straight away to something else like, oh, odessa or something similarly crap. Really does my head in im afraid.

Upvote 0
Very true, I managed to extend the life of my old machine for quite a long time by doing just that.

Actually I've recently upgraded to a new dual core acer and the new machine has no RAM problems (2 gigs IIRC) but the issue is that it uses an on board graphics card. I'm actually amazed that it plays OK on lowest settings- just shows how much brute force can help with older engines like Unreal2, so I've managed to avoid upgrading the card so far, though the new Bloom effects seem rather unmanageable. Lets just say that my Christmas list has a G-force shaped entry on it :D

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to see how long is left on a map before you join the server, and if not would this be feasible given that you can see the players?

Apologies if I am being blind/stupid.

ps- Need powerups and med kits too. I assume they will be in the next patch? :D

very good Idea, especially the second one (jk) I remember loading for 5 mins just to switch to another map...

Upvote 0