Seeing time left in a round before you join

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Steely.Glnt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 1, 2007
Is there anyway to see how long is left on a map before you join the server, and if not would this be feasible given that you can see the players?

Apologies if I am being blind/stupid.

ps- Need powerups and med kits too. I assume they will be in the next patch? :D

Klaus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 22, 2006
Israel, Tel-Aviv
Jesus yes, for the poor people who get 10 minutes to load a map only to realize there's 5 seconds left.
PLEASE MAKE IT SO

Steely.Glnt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 1, 2007
Jesus yes, for the poor people who get 10 minutes to load a map only to realize there's 5 seconds left.
PLEASE MAKE IT SO

Tell me about it. The number of times my aged machine has just finished loading (e.g.) Kreigstadt before switching straight away to something else like, oh, odessa or something similarly crap. Really does my head in im afraid.

LogisticEarth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 24, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
Not saying this is a true alternative but buying a little more RAM for your old PC can really, really help load times. And of course it makes just about every thing else non-RO related work faster as well. If you spend like a hundred bucks on RAM you can squeeze another year or two of life out of an old PC.

Steely.Glnt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 1, 2007
Very true, I managed to extend the life of my old machine for quite a long time by doing just that.

Actually I've recently upgraded to a new dual core acer and the new machine has no RAM problems (2 gigs IIRC) but the issue is that it uses an on board graphics card. I'm actually amazed that it plays OK on lowest settings- just shows how much brute force can help with older engines like Unreal2, so I've managed to avoid upgrading the card so far, though the new Bloom effects seem rather unmanageable. Lets just say that my Christmas list has a G-force shaped entry on it :D

the_TeuTon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2007
Even if you have a fast computer, it can take 5 minutes just to download mods and custom maps, and by the time you get it, the map changes lol.

SchutzeSepp

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 23, 2006
yes, this is the most usefull feature to add, for some reason when i join a server, there is 80% chance that i join just when people are voting for the next map. and 80% of the times it will be a map i don't like :(

the_TeuTon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2007
And also maybe display the amount of reinforcements each team has in case one's (or both) at zero.

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
Is there anyway to see how long is left on a map before you join the server, and if not would this be feasible given that you can see the players?

Apologies if I am being blind/stupid.

ps- Need powerups and med kits too. I assume they will be in the next patch? :D

very good Idea, especially the second one (jk) I remember loading for 5 mins just to switch to another map...