• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SdKfz 251/9 Stummel

Nebfer

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 23, 2006
I was thinking about of vehicels thy could be put into Ostfront and I though sence we have the 251 APC for the germans and thy did make some 22 diffrent configurations for it.

One of the configurations was the 251/9 an assault gun mounting the 75mm KwK 37 L24.

basicly this is the same gun on the Panzer IV "F1"

It should be a quick addtion to the game. as all thy have to do is addapt the 251 model in game and use the codding for the Panzer IVs gun.
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/pit/3515/251/251-9.htm

800px-SdKfz251-9.jpg

It only had HE shells?

The cannon was capable of firing armor piercing rounds and was mounted on various other types of Panzers(mostly PzIV), but its armor piercing capability wasn't that superb. I hardly claim to be an expert on armor and cannons, but in Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin(A game I purchased because many tell me it's the most realistic game there is in terms of armor penetration) the L/24, at 50 meters firing directly into the back of a T34 only has a "Fair" chance of knocking it out, so I'd say using the cannon as an anti-tank weapon is a bad choice and suicidal to use the Stummel for that role.

Upvote 0
IIRC the pic is of the one in Munster.

For the most part the "Stump" (Stummel = Stump) was given HE rounds as it was ment for infantry saport but it could hold 52 rounds and most defently part of that would be AP and HEAT rounds. The AP round could penitrate about 41mm at 100m.

The Gr. 38 Hl/B (Gr. xx Hl = Granate Hohlladung = hollow charge shell = "HEAT".) round was avaible by around December of 1942 and could penitrate 75mm of armor. The Stump was first produced in mid 1943, by wich time the Gr. 38 Hl/C was starting to come out. (which was capable of 100mm.)

The Stump would be most usefull in maps where you want to give the Germans some usefull firepower with out giving the germans a full on Tank or Assault gun.

Upvote 0
Well sence we have the 251 allready in the game one could easly use it as a basis for the falowing Configurations

251/2 Mortar carrier -81mm mortar
251/9 Assault Gun -75mm KwK 37
251/10 Platoon commander Unit - 37mm PAK 36 ATG
251/16 Flamethrower
251/17 Anti-Aircraft- 20mm
251/21 Anti-Aircraft- 3x20mm
251/22 Tank destroyer- 75mm PAK 40 ATG

Upvote 0