• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screw the King Tiger

Kipper

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2006
Connecticut, United States
Bet that got your attention.

Just some stuff that's been floating around in my mind recently. Here's what would make RO damned good for me.

The definitive list:
-Elimination of "pop-up" riflemen, i.e. we make movement slower so you can't just pop up, fire and disappear at random.
-Leaning made less advantageous, especially when leaning to the oppossite of your normal weapon stance and fix the clipping issues
-Ability to to pivot around a bipod deployed weapons bipod.
-Ability to look over the sights on MGs.
-Mantling
-Variable crouch height -- especially helpful for deploying MGs on window sills.
-SMGs given realistic recoil and accuracy.
-German grenade fuse returned to mod standard
-Disorientation when stabbed or hit by a weapon's butt
-Dropped items may no longer be piled on top of eachother. This will make it easy to pick up any item.
-PT Soldats binoculars removed, add option to carry PPSh41 or M38 and add full amount of ammo for PTRD.
-Add PTRS.
-PTRD brought back to realistic penetration.
-Add AT mines and grenades to replace satchels as AT weapon of choice.
-Impair ability to fire back when being shot ala America's Army. It is not realistic to be shot and not even flinch.
-Add "request class" feature ala America's Army.

I think the leaning exploit that all the clanners use is getting fixed in the next patch. And i agree with all your suggestions.

Might aswell continue to the trend

- Supersonic bullet cracks
- Lend lease Bazookas
- Panzershrecks
- Low fps recoil bug fixed (then, like you said, more realistic recoil implemented)
- Sniper sights seem to be really thick (dunno if that's realistically thick or not, but they aren't good for sniping)
- When you shoot someone in the arm, a grenade shouldn't automatically appear for them (most annoying thing ever, then they just throw it and get the chance to escape) They should just be empty handed if shot in the hand.

Just randomly putting in my thoughts on what could make this better. I'm sure this has all been suggested before. Hopefully a major mod implements these suggestions.

Upvote 0

Just some stuff that's been floating around in my mind recently. Here's what would make RO damned good for me.

The definitive list:
-Elimination of "pop-up" riflemen, i.e. we make movement slower so you can't just pop up, fire and disappear at random.
-Leaning made less advantageous, especially when leaning to the oppossite of your normal weapon stance and fix the clipping issues
-Mantling
-Variable crouch height -- especially helpful for deploying MGs on window sills.
-Dropped items may no longer be piled on top of eachother. This will make it easy to pick up any item.
-PT Soldats binoculars removed, add option to carry PPSh41 or M38 and add full amount of ammo for PTRD.
-Add PTRS.
-Impair ability to fire back when being shot ala America's Army. It is not realistic to be shot and not even flinch.
It all makes sense, except this: "
-Elimination of "pop-up" riflemen, i.e. we make movement slower so you can't just pop up, fire and disappear at random."
What's unrealistic with being able to run past someone and shoot and then continue running :confused:

Upvote 0
Liked the rest of the ideas, especially the smg recoil (been complaining about that forever) but not too sure about this one. How does it work exactly in America's army. Imo it's a game, and that sort of suppressive fire thing seems a bit unfun. I'd rather have skill prevail that spamming off rounds just so they can't hit back. This would also make things a lot less fun for riflemen who are usually the majority in every RO map.

Oh and

-Add ability to spawn with bayonet attached. It gets on my nerves after a wwhile to attach the thing.
-Multiple kill with rifle rounds. Was in the mod, but it got taken out. Rifle rounds have the power to go straight through people so this should definetly be in (enemy has to be lined up of course).
-Crew Kills: In the mod you could take out a driver or a machine gunner depending on the location of your shot. This also wasn't included in the retail version. This should be expanded on for the half-track and bren carrier, ptrd rounds on the side of the HT should be able to penetrate and kill someone.
-Enhance PTRD proficiency against Halftracks. Generally against a UC 2~3 rounds will disable it. Against the HT it is difficult to hit the sweet spot to disable the engine, and it takes 6 hits to blow it up. I think it's a bit ridiculous, I think 3 shots would be alright.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The definitive list:
-Mantling
-Add PTRS.
- Adjustable elevation for sniper scopes is a must. A sniper wouldn't just aim higher, covering their target with the crosshairs so they can't even see their target anymore and keep firing away until they hit something.

Upvote 0
We don't like the AA feature that makes it so you can't hit the other person when you are being shot at. We infact hate it. That is why we have the feature we have now. The problems with leaning will be fixed next patch.

As to SMG recoil, this is a hard one. Many people will recall we tried to fix the bug in the recoil system for the SMG's once and it ended up with many people shooting at the sky after 3 rounds. It is something we are still looking into to, but we've learned our lesson about releasing something that won't make things worse. The patch worked on our end, but for others it did not.

Upvote 0

The definitive list:
-Mantling
-Add PTRS.

god kows how long the community is demanding some of the futures you list here.

-Impair ability to fire back when being shot ala America's Army. It is not realistic to be shot and not

this would make it a lot better for MP/MGS ! Please add that!

We don't like the AA feature that makes it so you can't hit the other person when you are being shot at.

but to have good accuracy even in the moment you get hit in your leg or arm, isnt really realistic neither.

It shold at least make you jitter, or throw your aim heavily off. If not from the pain, then from the imapact of the bullet. You are still able to shoot back, but that will make you sure to shoot always from cover!

Last time I checked the ZF39 elevation knob didn't require any tools to twist. PU scope who knows.

Either way it can be done as simple as the tank sights.

but then i would recomend a scope with higher zoom then in game. I mean snipers have enganged targets up to 800 (and sometimes even more) meters. But i hardly doubt you can really hit a target that far away with the usual zoom we have in game. If iam not wrong, event he binocs have a higher zoom then the scope, which is a bit strange if you ask me.

To add adjusting to the sniper (or even all weapons) will make this "pixel" acurate long range shoots finnaly a REAL skill. At least for snipers it would be necessary. Everyone can snipe on 100m for that you dont have even to be trained if your weapon has a scope but, on 500 ... 1000m THERE it is real skill.

I think the game should represent that for the sniper role. With the new view distance, this would make sniping really interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would be extremely bummed out if they took away the Binoculars for the PT class, I use them to snipe long distance campers. Bad Idea.

In real life PT soldiers would have used their binoculars to spot enemy movement from a distance.

Most scopes were between what... a 1.5x zoom to maybe a 4x zoom max back then, post WW2 scopes are typically 3-9x zoom, much better. Binoculars would have more zoom. I am not sure about the Tank Optics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even if it could, it's irrelevant at the ranges we engage. It MIGHT help for precision targeting, but beyond that it'd be pointless.

The armor system as a whole needs a LOT done to it to make that feature a worthwhile addition. We'd need the penetration models changed, more "sweet spots" added, the turret treated as a separate entity from the hull, longer range tank maps, etc., etc., etc.

Oh, and I agree with the original poster: Screw the King Tiger.

Upvote 0