• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screw the King Tiger

T34 looks like a knightrider of RO its fast, and has crazy strong armor. :( It can beat a Pz4 in most ranges, sometimes even a Tiger.

I think that ambience can be done by the maper. I remember a map from sommer offensive map pack, that had parashoots, where you cold jump out of a plane:D and very good ambience like artillery sounds comming from everywhere, tracers flying over you, planes, huge explosions in every corner of the map.

heres a pick (not a good one tho)

rosomp2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember a map from sommer offensive map pack, that had parashoots,
where you cold jump out of a plane:D and very good ambience like artillery sounds comming from everywhere,
tracers flying over you, planes, huge explosions in every corner of the map.
That was called Iron Annie, wasn't it? Great ambience!
The map needed some tweaks but it was one of the most immersive ever.
It seemed like a real battlefield in the sense that I hardly knew what was going on,
there were battle sounds and voices coming from everywhere, it was easy to get turned around or lost.
It had a lot of potential but also some serious flaws. I'd love to see it updated and ported to Ostfront.

Upvote 0
Well I for one, love the game. I will keep playing it even if nothing changes.:D But after playing it a year, I guess I could come up with a list of things I would like to see changed myself without getting carried away.

I won't ask for new vehicles or such, as it seems the community and the mod teams are coming along with them and I expect we shall soon see more of them. Same with more realistic armored combat. Armored Beasts seems to be coming along nicely and while I haven't played it much, I guess the compliment I have for it is I can't think of anything about it to complain about yet (that is a good thing). It seems to cover quite a bit with all things related to armored combat.

-----------------------------------
With one exception, most of these are rather nitpicky:

- Obviously, I would prefer some sort of delay in entering/exiting/position switching in vehicles. My only complaint I would really, really like to see changed.....

- I know the friendly voice commands can be heard by all (and that is how it was designed by Tripwire), but I would still prefer it be as only being heard locally and seen in the text as global.

- Wouldn't mind being able to drop ammo mid-reload if being melee assualted.

- Beefier tank sounds. I already like the weapon sounds....

- I could add that infantry bots shouldn't be able to jump into tanks. Yeah, play on servers without bots, but sometimes the map you want to play has bots in it until it fills up.

- I wouldn't mind greater mg suppression effects. Seems to me when I first got this game, I really noticed it. Now I hardly notice it at all. Do servers turn this off? Anyway, I will still duck when being heavily fired upon in most circumstances.

- Sometimes a tank commander will appear to be out of the hatch when he is not. You end up shooting at him several times before you realize he really isn't looking out and its a bug.

:D

Upvote 0
Quick update to my list to reflect the new patch released. Hopefully I'll be able to check off all of these in the future.

-Elimination of "pop-up" riflemen, i.e. we make movement slower so you can't just pop up, fire and disappear at random.
-Leaning made less advantageous, especially when leaning to the oppossite of your normal weapon stance and fix the clipping issues COMPLETED (version 1047)
-Ability to to pivot around a bipod deployed weapons bipod.
-Ability to look over the sights on MGs.
-Mantling
-Variable crouch height -- especially helpful for deploying MGs on window sills.
-SMGs given realistic recoil and accuracy.
-German grenade fuse returned to mod standard
-Disorientation when stabbed or hit by a weapon's butt
-Dropped items may no longer be piled on top of eachother. This will make it easy to pick up any item.
-PT Soldats binoculars removed, add option to carry PPSh41 or M38 and add full amount of ammo for PTRD. NO LONGER DESIRED
-Add PTRS.
-PTRD brought back to realistic penetration.
-Add AT mines and grenades to replace satchels as AT weapon of choice.
-Impair ability to fire back when being shot ala America's Army. It is not realistic to be shot and not even flinch.
-Add "request class" feature ala America's Army.

Upvote 0
As someone who loves to play the MG role in FPS's...I really would like to see some version of the AA system added : /

Yeah, MG bullets cause "blur" but the rifleman will, odds are, shoot you through it like he's some supersoldier possesed by the spirit of a Hollywood Sniper. I'd like just a *little* effect that simulates a "fear" of MGs so I can effectively cover an area without freaking out knowing that any second a rifleman is going to see where those tracers are coming from :p

Upvote 0
I really think that if the pop-up riflemen phenomena was gone it'd be much easier to be an MG'er and have your MG working like we all want it to. I'm divided on how to get rid of this though. It's either we have the movement speed from switching between stances reduced to normal levels and add serious weapon sway and such or add collision with the environment so your gun would knock into sandbags or whatever cover you were behind.

Upvote 0
I think part of the problem is "how we all want" the MG to work.

I think people expect the MG to be able to stop assaults in their tracks, fire long streams of bullets, and pin down entire companies of men with one MG.

That's not going to happen.

The MG is doing its job when it makes people change how they're acting. As in, if they're running to an objective, a burst from an MG makes them drop to the ground and go "CRAP!! an MG!" Even if the MG gets taken out, it's still doing its job by merely delaying the attack.

The MG is never going to be the uber-killing machine some folks want it to be (not saying that's what you want, Kipper, but I think a lot of people do want that). It's a weapon that keeps heads down or simply distracts people from the main objective. That's how I use it, anyway, and I generally find it to be highly effective for that purpose.

Upvote 0
Updated list as of the 8/29/07 Summer patch.

-Elimination of "pop-up" riflemen, i.e. we make movement slower so you can't just pop up, fire and disappear at random.
-Leaning made less advantageous, especially when leaning to the oppossite of your normal weapon stance and fix the clipping issues COMPLETED (version 1047)
-Ability to to pivot around a bipod deployed weapons bipod.
-Ability to look over the sights on MGs.
-Mantling
-Variable crouch height -- especially helpful for deploying MGs on window sills.
-SMGs given realistic recoil and accuracy.
-German grenade fuse returned to mod standard
-Disorientation when stabbed or hit by a weapon's butt COMPLETED (version 1048)
-Dropped items may no longer be piled on top of eachother. This will make it easy to pick up any item.
-PT Soldats binoculars removed, add option to carry PPSh41 or M38 and add full amount of ammo for PTRD. NO LONGER DESIRED
-Add PTRS.
-PTRD brought back to realistic penetration.
-Add AT mines and grenades to replace satchels as AT weapon of choice.
-Impair ability to fire back when being shot ala America's Army. It is not realistic to be shot and not even flinch.
-Add "request class" feature ala America's Army.

Upvote 0
When talking about snap shooting,it isn't completely realistic as is but if I may direct your attention to this: http://www.madpaintballer.com/snap-shooting.php

This tactic was used by elite German troops like the Fallschirmjaeger for example.It might be a good idea to add an animation to it and slowing it down a bit,but removing it isn't very realistic either.
Also,STAB THE HALFTRACKS!

Upvote 0