• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screw the King Tiger

We don't like the AA feature that makes it so you can't hit the other person when you are being shot at. We infact hate it. That is why we have the feature we have now. The problems with leaning will be fixed next patch.

As to SMG recoil, this is a hard one. Many people will recall we tried to fix the bug in the recoil system for the SMG's once and it ended up with many people shooting at the sky after 3 rounds. It is something we are still looking into to, but we've learned our lesson about releasing something that won't make things worse. The patch worked on our end, but for others it did not.

I think they mean to please LOWER the recoil, not make it worse.

Last patch helped a bit but SMG still dances all over in the game. The real thing did not do this. This has already been proven with videos and by owners of SMGs.

The only way an SMG is usefull in RO at present is if it is braced against something.

But don't stop there...

SVT muzzle also bounces two feet high if rappid firing 3 or 4 shots. I own and SVT and it does no such thing. IIRC the G41/43 is also overdone in recoil.

Please, tone down the recoil. It is way overdone on most guns in RO.

Upvote 0
I think they mean to please LOWER the recoil, not make it worse.

Last patch helped a bit but SMG still dances all over in the game. The real thing did not do this. This has already been proven with videos and by owners of SMGs.

The only way an SMG is usefull in RO at present is if it is braced against something.

But don't stop there...

SVT muzzle also bounces two feet high if rappid firing 3 or 4 shots. I own and SVT and it does no such thing. IIRC the G41/43 is also overdone in recoil.

Please, tone down the recoil. It is way overdone on most guns in RO.

+1

I don't think they devs will do this because they think it will imbalance the game or some crap like that. In the mod the handling of the SMgs was much better and not so ridiculous as it is now, Especially the ppsh! I don't understand why the StG has better handling in full auto than the ppsh.

Upvote 0
Yes but in the MOD the weapons couldnt be rested on things.
I think the whole point (to me at least) is that SMGs shouldn't be required to be rested in order to be effective. They are designed to be "on the move" weapons not "must find bench rest first" weapons. If we are talking about RL behavior that is. But this point has already been clearly made by many people but I'm saying it just this one last time for those interested.

Upvote 0
Exactly!

SMGs were basically FA carbines that shot a pistol round. IRL, there was very little recoil at all. Think about it, an SMG is five times heavier than a pistol and has a barrel five times the length but shot the same weaker pistol round.

To help make my point: Even a modern day FA Glock pistol can be controlled. I can send you a video of it if you like. And YES, there are FA versios of the Glock out there and they do not even use a buttstock. They look like a normal Glock but have a selector switch on the rear of the slide.

Now if the developers are worried that it will become an uber weapon in the game then they could simply compensate by increasing the shot spread over range as this would simulated the pray and spray technique that was used in close combat.

Short burst shots at short range however should be just as deadly in game as they were in real life. Why do people think that many German Soldiers picked up a PPSH when they could?

Upvote 0
Exactly!

SMGs were basically FA carbines that shot a pistol round. IRL, there was very little recoil at all. Think about it, an SMG is five times heavier than a pistol and has a barrel five times the length but shot the same weaker pistol round.

To help make my point: Even a modern day FA Glock pistol can be controlled. I can send you a video of it if you like. And YES, there are FA versios of the Glock out there and they do not even use a buttstock. They look like a normal Glock but have a selector switch on the rear of the slide.

Now if the developers are worried that it will become an uber weapon in the game then they could simply compensate by increasing the shot spread over range as this would simulated the pray and spray technique that was used in close combat.

Short burst shots at short range however should be just as deadly in game as they were in real life. Why do people think that many German Soldiers picked up a PPSH when they could?

I dont think that they would have picked up a PPSH when they already had a weapon and ammo, but on a data sheet/WW2 fact in BiA: Road to hill 30 it said that americans rather picked up and used MP40s rather than thompsons.

screw the king tiger!!!! we need a jagdtiger XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Americans already had the M1 Garand and the M2 Carbine. We are talking about the Russian Front where both sides had mainly bolt guns.

I but I agree. Screw the KT.

Russians need a KV1 that is not made out of paper.

Germans need a clown car equivalent.
Certain German tank cannons need to stop bouncing off T34's. We don't need 2 clown cars zipping around throwing satchels like retards.

Upvote 0
What are you talking about?

Tiger's 88 usually kills the T-34/76 and /85 in one shot. Two minimum. Even when the T34 is angled.

And the KV1 which was supposed to be a big threat to the pz4 and almost an equal to the Tiger is made out of freaking rice paper in this game.

The ONLY way we win in Orel is because of the clown cars and seriouse voice com teamwork between our teammates.

The Germans have all the best weapons in this game IMO and they still find time to complain about our little clown car. :rolleyes:

And now they want the King Tiger to boot? :eek:

Aaaaamazing!

If they put the KT in this game then they better at least fix the KV1's armor to what it really was.

Upvote 0
Tiger's 88 usually kills the T-34/76 and /85 in one shot. Two minimum. Even when the T34 is angled.
I'm talking about the long 75mm guns on the PzIV. They could penetrate a T34 at all angles out to 1200 meters. Yet in game they plink off like nothing at 20 meters. While Russians gun are penetrating armor they were never capable of. BS to me.

And the KV1 which was supposed to be a big threat to the pz4 and almost an equal to the Tiger is made out of freaking rice paper in this game.
The KV1 was no Tiger. Just like the T34, the KV1 was only superior to the lightly armored and weakly armed German tanks at the beginning of the war. When the PzIV and PzIII had their armor and cannons upgraded they were more then a match for them. Theres a reason why the Russians stopped making them.

The ONLY way we win in Orel is because of the clown cars and seriouse voice com teamwork between our teammates.

The Germans have all the best weapons in this game IMO and they still find time to complain about our little clown car.

If they put the KT in this game then they better at least fix the KV1's armor to what it really was.
A KV-1E is not going to make any difference. It still has the same gun and will still be knocked out from the front by PzIV's and PzIII's. With the exeception of the F1.

Upvote 0
I dont think that they would have picked up a PPSH when they already had a weapon and ammo, but on a data sheet/WW2 fact in BiA: Road to hill 30 it said that americans rather picked up and used MP40s rather than thompsons.
I don't think that was very common, I know i wouldnt swap my higher rof, bigger calibur smg for a gun that i would have to find ammo of dead guys for. I can understand why some brits might swap their sten for an mp40 but not the Thompson.

Upvote 0
Wrong, the KV1 was a real threat to anything lighter than the Tiger.

YES it has a small gun but it's armor was much stranger than the T34.

In THIS game the KV1 is weaker than the T-34 and this is simply wrong.
If it's armor was modelled right it would be able to take many hits allowing it more hits on the Pz4s and PzIIIs. That was my point.

On later maps we have the IS2 but on early maps the Russians are at a dissadvantage because the KV1's armor was fudged.

Upvote 0