• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screenshots over at Gamecloud

I noticed the devs posted this first in the Steam forums...good thing I check there :D

Love the scoped SVT-40, and the HDR bloom makes everything look gorgeous. Usually I don't care for it in games, but it looks more subtle and tastefully done than, say, BiA or GuildWars. Can't wait to see video of the new shell-shock effect.

Upvote 0
I doubt these screenshots will blow away anyone who's never heard of RO, but I'm sure that these subtle effects will make the immersion more effective. That scope on the SVT-40 looks gigantic--probably only 2x, but looks like a 50x scope.

<begin buzzkill>
DX9 effects = another reason us non-Windows users are sad
</end buzzkill>

Now RO:O is in a screenshot race with Duke Nukem Forever--which one will come to the market first?

Upvote 0
I have a question about "bloom."

Will it simply be bloom or full HDR?

By this I mean will the game look more like Prince of Persia/Fable/Guild wars, where things "glow" unnaturally that normally wouldn't, which gives the game a more "fantasy'ish" feeling atmosphere, or will it be more like Day of Defeat:source where the HDR looks more realistic and doesn't have things "glowing" that you normally wouldn't?

Seeing the sandbag glow for instance makes me think it'll be more older "bloom" style, though I'd much prefer dod:s/lost cost kind of HDR that looks more realistic.

Still, enough of me whining about the bloom :p, the snow looks nice. I can actually make out snow flakes that look like actual snow flakes :).

That svt (one of my favorite guns next to the G43) is SEXY aswell.

Upvote 0