• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

arma2a.png

Best thing about ArmA II is the fall foliage. FINALLY they added some brilliant color to the game and it looks f-ing gorgeous, especially since Fall is my favorite season! :D

Upvote 0
Amazing!! where can I get that mod??
http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html

It is totally worth the download. The lighting effects alone are brilliant, and the hi res textures among the tons of other added things are just great. Not sure if it's compatible with Oblivion Lost, but here are the additions:

Summary:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List of merged and modified mods, including my own work:

- Panoramic Mod 2.1 + S.W.O. + Vivid Sunsets 1.0:
visually beautiful creative merge of 3 different graphics & weather mods by several artists, I took creative approach and designed entirely new weather system combining the above mods and adding unique content, such as natural twilight, multiple moon phases, cold mornings. Other notable features include large view distance, horizons, proper sun travel according to location, enhanced HDR, wet surfaces, multiple weather cycles, darker nights, different types of storms from fast to slow, stars, constellation, improved water and many more implementations, all by staying within the mood of the game. Many of the game's original sky textures were used.

- SkyGRAPHICS-MOD v2.0 RC4.1:
this mod introduces advanced shader technology known as Parallax Occlusion Mapping seen in Crysis and very recent games, creating close-to-life illusion of true relief, Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Sun Shafts (optional) and Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO), which creates an enormous difference in the way the game looks (mod has been fine tuned from it's default state to avoid excessive rock relief and contrast)

- Photorealistic Zone 1.0 (aka Argus Texture Pack)
this is a 6 months of reworking every texture in the game by Argus, special attention has been paid to preserving the original look of materials while textures have been replaced with equivalent higher quality photographs with manual bump editing and partial use of original files, heavily optimized to reduce performance drop.

- Photorealistic Zone: Living Creatures:
now mutated creatures have soaking wet flesh showing through wounds, it’s almost disturbing. Adds bump details to most uniforms, wrinkles, etc.

- Vehicles Retexture Pack
selected vehicles now look extra rusty and abandoned but only the ones that been parked there for 20 years.

- Zone Reclamation Project 1.05 (aka ZRP 1.05 Test 10/11) :
the unnoficial community patch, fixes most known bugs and "crash to desktop" exits left out by developers after patch 1.0005/1.0006, adds dynamic lightning to camp fires, real weapons names, reduces head bobbing, adds ability to use quick level named save with ESC+S shortcut, increases actor's height, carry weight limit, extends quest time, makes NPCs avoid dying from camp fires and anomalies, adds freeplay, etc.

- Sound Overhaul 1.07 RC2 + Ambient Audio Overhaul v1.8 + S.T.A.L.K.E.R Sound Remake Mod v.4.0:
this massive merge replaces most weapon sounds, anomalies, equipment clatter, footsteps, nightlife, bullet fly-by sounds and more with quality equivalents. Adds unique ambient sounds for each weather cycle, repetitive NPCs only pronounce their lines once, i.e. "Get out of here stalker", hundreds of additional ambient sounds like bar kitchen cooking, horror night and fog sounds, etc.
All sounds are properly OGG-commented to prevent any issues.

- ABC Sleeping Bag:

it’s always in your inventory, lets you sleep in the game.

- Particle Enhancement 3.0:
this mod enhances many of the particle effects in Stalker, sparkles, anomalies, smoke, explosions, etc.

- Ragdoll Mod 1.3:
adds natural death and hit physics, kills will no longer cause corpse ragdoll to fly backwards.

- Bulbs Soc (aka Lampochki Soc):
now you can shoot the lights out!

- Argus Add-ons:
new Google Earth type map updated with Clear Sky locations, halogen flashlight, gloves, knife with signs of sharpenning (very cool).

- AI Pack 10005:
adds the following set of abilities to NPCs: removing bodies from camp sites, throwing grenades, changing armor, healing other NPCs. You can also dress NPCs by selling or dropping outfits near them and giving them privacy to change.

- Hades Real Gore Mod 1.0:
textures to simulate real blood and gore, wet blood look, bits of guts, bullet sprays, all done classy without exaggeration.

- Harmonica Mod:
NPCs can randomly play harmonica between guitar sessions.

- Authentic Music:
adds 84 additional acoustic guitar compositions into the mix (performed live by MulleR) plus a few acoustic guitar songs in authentic language. This is the only music mod where compositions have been recorded specifically for this game by a musician, no MIDI or generic karaoke tracks used.

- Repair Kit 1.1:
this mod adds a special item to the game that allows you to repair weapons and armors out in the Zone. The only way to get this item is to loot it from a person's corpse.

- Repair Mod (Eng) 2.5:
this mod permits to repair weapons and armors by traders (limited to Bar Trader and Screw for merge balance).

- Gnomus' Scopes V2.0:
high resolution scopes for widescreen and standard monitors.

- Raw Onion Revamp Mod (Eng) 1.05:
this mod corrects many typographical errors in the game, provides better English localization.

- Asphalt 2.0:
quality asphalt texture.

- Chernobyl TV 1.1:
replaces TV animation with actual footage about Chernobyl.

- NWT 0.6.1:
unique weapons textures (including anniversary editions).

- TS Nades:
quality grenade textures.

- Carry Mutants Mod:
ability to drag dead creatures' bodies

- Elite Nightvision 1.1:
black & white nightvision based on the psy_antenna postprocess effect.
This one really makes you see in the dark.

- Stalker Forever HD Foodndrinks 1.0:
authentic vodka and energy drink skins.

- Normal Accuracy Plus 1.0:
the set of tweaked weapons configs that slightly increases your chances of hitting the target without ruining the game's original award-winning ballistic system. Works both ways with NPCs.

- Rules of Engagement 0.1:
removes the ability for NPC's to notice you at unrealistically large distances.

- Pavel's HUD:
a clean and minimalist hud, based on popular 1154HUD1.3, I redesigned it to fit game's art style, includes new actor hitmark texture.

- Freeplay:
after you beat the game with "good" ending, you'll get the dialog that will let you continue the game in freeplay mod, allowing creatures and NPCs migrate freely, it will be a living and breathing zone with self sustained A-Life and unscripted events. This feature doesn't remove the ending scene so you can enjoy it. You can skip the entire story line from the start by pressing ESC+T while in game and teleporting to last map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since you're the general Stalker enthusiast around here Dillinger, I was wondering whether you know of any decent realism mod that could be used with this new 2009 overhaul mod, just to make combat more realistic?

I actually read the news on this one earlier today on Stalkerfiles and got tempted to download it but didn't because I couldn't find any realism mods specifically compatible with later versions of the game.

Upvote 0
Since you're the general Stalker enthusiast around here Dillinger, I was wondering whether you know of any decent realism mod that could be used with this new 2009 overhaul mod, just to make combat more realistic?

I actually read the news on this one earlier today on Stalkerfiles and got tempted to download it but didn't because I couldn't find any realism mods specifically compatible with later versions of the game.
Well, depends how realistic you'd like it I guess. It contains a couple of mods that add increased accuracy and increased weapon damage. I find it to be a good balance. Weapons aren't too accurate, but they drop human enemies in 2-3 shots depending on armor. Let me know what you're looking for exactly and I'll try to point you to the right mod for your tastes.

Upvote 0
Well, the level of realism I'm looking for is about the ability to drop people with a burst in the chest from a regular assault rifle (AK, LR300 etc...) and 1 shot to the head, if headshots are possible at longer ranges (should be, due to the increased accuracy?). Other than that, more realistic bandaging and healing would be nice and less plentiful items like artefacts, ammo and other supplies wouldn't be a minus either.

Edit: I've stumbled upon the AMK mod - it certainly seems really interesting. Have you tried it or know whether it's worth the download?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, the level of realism I'm looking for is about the ability to drop people with a burst in the chest from a regular assault rifle (AK, LR300 etc...) and 1 shot to the head, if headshots are possible at longer ranges (should be, due to the increased accuracy?). Other than that, more realistic bandaging and healing would be nice and less plentiful items like artefacts, ammo and other supplies wouldn't be a minus either.

Edit: I've stumbled upon the AMK mod - it certainly seems really interesting. Have you tried it or know whether it's worth the download?
It's easily done yourself as well you know, I made a small mod where the guns have pretty realistic damage, makes the game really challenging too.

Upvote 0

Some of the things you want are available in a mod called "Stalker Realism Mod" (see: here), but not everything you want is included. You're probably going to have to compromise or find multiple mods that do what you want, and combine them into one realism mod. I'd start with the link I posted above.

I never tried AMK, but I heard it was pretty good. You'll have to let me know how it is.

Upvote 0