• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

One does not simply walk into MORDOR

saurondi8.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm wondering why the German army would write "Germany" in English on their arms
Maybe so that foreign soldiers can return them when they find a lost one.
Almost ;)

It is common practice only on foreign deployments.
Contrary to the US military, we aren't as "arrogant" assuming everyone knows our flag (which is always part of the uniform, home or abroad), hence we put a little "Germany" on it to avoid any confusion.

This is less for the other NATO nations taking part in that misssion who will most likely know the falgs and uniforms of their allies (or they had very bad briefing) but rather for the natives.

Especially in Afghanistan, we Germans like to differenciate ourselves from, say, the US troops. This ususally results in much friendlier behaviour from the locals who, most of the time, aren't too fond of the US... :/
It is also very common to hand our nation's colours on the doors of any vehilcles for the same effect (as big as taking up the whole door).
This is mostly to make sure an enemy RPG soldier won't mistakenly target them from further away...
Whether that always works out or not is another question, though.

Upvote 0
Artic missions (IMO) are actually damm easy to solo through with a rifle :p

That's what we thought, but we got killed twice each on Hard mode in coop lol

First time was out own fault as we got flanked by two lads with MP40s, the second time for me was by two head shots, first got my helmet, second got me while picking up my helmet :p and my mate got tagged by the ZB on the roof.

Upvote 0
First time was out own fault as we got flanked by two lads with MP40s, the second time for me was by two head shots, first got my helmet, second got me while picking up my helmet and my mate got tagged by the ZB on the roof.

Tough luck. I remember (very long time ago though) when I had my very hard game going on (I got C6M1 and then I really got "bored" with the game) in lone wolf mode I soloed the entire mission with just K98k. It was cat & mouse most of the time but rather easy though :p

Upvote 0
The worst part of the iceberg mission was that damned submarine. I tried tossing a grenade down the hatch, but HD2's grenade throwing doesn't have the best aim in the world and I could rarely get it down. And it was also quite a feat trying to James Bond your way down that ladder and beat the enemy to their weapons, all the while trying to make sure your ass doesn't get killed when you're surrounded by Germans.

Upvote 0
Alias "if-RO-is-your-life-this-is-another-call-of-duty-for-you-in-other-words-unrealistic-POS"

That's a pretty harsh and inaccurate description.

HD2 is basically the notch between action FPS and realism based ones. You've got realistic recoil, bullet penetration, ironsights and mortality to stop you just running in all guns blazing, but it has just enough action to make you feel like rambo when your position gets rushed and you have to man the MGs.

@ Ben. I never used nades in the sub. Just get down that ladder as quick as possible and make sure you have an automatic weapon. Even a pistol will do aslong as it's not the webley lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's a pretty harsh and inaccurate description.

Well it does sound like. I guess I should have used rolleyes smiley after it.

But then, based on some experiences around RO forums almost any game that includes more or less "unrealism" in the core gameplay (like in H&D2 the missions tend to often end up that you kill most of the enemies) is same as unrealistic POS that doesn't deserve to exist. Take the general bashing and flaming of BF series as example.

Personally, H&D2 has one of the best general quality of realism I know.

Upvote 0