• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Where'd you get all that stuff from?
(or am I just too slow in the game?)

http://ja2v113.pbworks.com/w/page/4218339/FrontPage

1.13 adds a ****load of guns. It's basically a realism mod for JA2. Make sure you read the documentation because it changes the game quite a bit. However, it does restart the campaign. Not a problem for me because I'm a new JA2 player. I first played a couple of battles in vanilla JA2 to familiarize myself with the game, and then I restarted the campaign with 1.13

Upvote 0
Some more ArmA pics! :D

Also, I'm not responsible for all that colour tuning...

79900653.jpg

64163218.jpg

63122697.jpg

37030713.jpg

Upvote 0
All of those screenshots look great Lemon.. I wish I had a computer that could run that thing :(. Looks like my kind of game (simulation level).

Quick question - I read posts saying the game is clunky etc.. Is it because it's too in-depth for them and they want something more casual? Or is it really just hard to control due to poor production..

Upvote 0
All of those screenshots look great Lemon.. I wish I had a computer that could run that thing :(. Looks like my kind of game (simulation level).

Yeah, all done by a guy in my unit. :)

Trust me, my game doesn't look nearly as good, but it's still awesome.
My specs:
AMD 64 X2 5200+
4GB ram (****ty slow no-name DDR-2)
8800GTS, 640mb
Win 7 ultimate x64

Works well at roughly 25-40 fps with medium settings, which is enough for anything but CQC PVP.
Strangely ArmA2 runs worse on low settings for me :D

Regarding the controls, you kind of grow accustomed to them. I guess what turns most people off about the controls is that they are... different. You certainly need more keys for movement than in other FPS games.

Keys I use when walking down a road:
2x shift to lock walking
2x ctrl to lower weapon
look into the direction that I want to walk to
2x alt to toggle free look
hold W to walk
A&D to slightly adjust path
hold alt to stop free look and adjust path for a change in direction
hold shift to run or double tap and hold W to sprint

It looks like a lot and I could just use AWSD, but I'd be seriously hampered in both the feel for the game and my ability to "navigate" around the world. Track-IR would certainly make things simpler, but I don't think it would work well as I'm constantly doing something that will move my head.

What gives many people the feel that it's robotic is not the actual movement system but rather occasional poor blending between different animations and a slight "pause". One thing that does however annoy me is that you sometimes have to wait for animations to finish. Just try mantling over a wall under fire and you'll know what I mean. :p

But overall... I think most haters out there are people who consider RO as the edge of realism - fun.

EDIT: Just for The Masta
arma2oa2010112121111855.jpg

That's the un-edited version of one of the pics I posted. I think it looks better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it's anything ME then I really hope it's ME3. Great game series. Then again pretty much everything BioWare touches becomes gold, though I'm skeptical on DA2.

I didn't like the gameplay of DA, the story and all was ok, but the gameplay lacked something, if they are making DA2 closer to ME2, thats a good thing for me. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0