• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

screaming, yelling and stuff like that

They scream now when they die don't they, and theres a sharp intake of breath when wounded. Rather than an intake of breath I suppose you would swear or something tho, never been shot tho so maybe I would just groan a bit and concentrate of shooting back.

like in brothers in arms earned in blood maybe.. where red goes like ****! aH! and stuff like that when you get shot. :) anyone knows the scene where Red gets the tip of his finger shot off ala band of brothers somewhere outside carentan when they hold the line, some guy loses the tip of his finger too, its hanging there on a thin thread or something:p "figures that the only married man in the unit gets his ringfinger blown off" :D

Edit: omg that just gave me a great idea :D maybe if teammates are in the vicinity when you get killed, make them scream their names :p maybe a certain trigger area around the soldier, anyone in it will scream a random name when a teammate gets killed. imagine sneaking, then getting shot, and while the world goes dark you hear a guy yell out HHAAAAAANNNSSS!! NEIN!! and stuff like that
kinda like in BIA games that if bullets nearly hit you you hear your teammembers yelling at you to get the **** down :p or in OFP, when you see teammates getting shot and report it ( oh no, 5 is down ) but in a more personal way to express the brotherhood feeling

Upvote 0
like in brothers in arms earned in blood maybe.. where red goes like ****! aH! and stuff like that when you get shot. :) anyone knows the scene where Red gets the tip of his finger shot off ala band of brothers somewhere outside carentan when they hold the line, some guy loses the tip of his finger too, its hanging there on a thin thread or something:p "figures that the only married man in the unit gets his ringfinger blown off" :D

Edit: omg that just gave me a great idea :D maybe if teammates are in the vicinity when you get killed, make them scream their names :p maybe a certain trigger area around the soldier, anyone in it will scream a random name when a teammate gets killed. imagine sneaking, then getting shot, and while the world goes dark you hear a guy yell out HHAAAAAANNNSSS!! NEIN!! and stuff like that
kinda like in BIA games that if bullets nearly hit you you hear your teammembers yelling at you to get the **** down :p or in OFP, when you see teammates getting shot and report it ( oh no, 5 is down ) but in a more personal way to express the brotherhood feeling

I thought most of the mourning screams came after the bloodshed ended. In the middle of a firefight, I'd imagine there would be too much adrenaline and stuff to really think about that.

Upvote 0
The best thing about the screams in the mod was..........

Especially if you were playing on a realism server.... and death messages dont pop up..... a painful AAAAAHHHHH! would most certainly let you know you got them......... even if they were halfway across the level........ LMAO!! o god..... the grand old days of the mod...:D

Upvote 0
The best thing about the screams in the mod was..........

Especially if you were playing on a realism server.... and death messages dont pop up..... a painful AAAAAHHHHH! would most certainly let you know you got them......... even if they were halfway across the level........ LMAO!! o god..... the grand old days of the mod...:D

HEHE yea they could do with being a bit loader, but this is probably more realistic.

BTW why don't you use commas and full stops instead of .... Not trying to be a **** just saying it makes it easier to read if you use commas and full stops.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be possible to implement some kind of 'mass-screaming-system'?
I mean: When five or six soldiers come near to each other and start running, you could hear 'battle screams' or hurra-screams from some of them.
Or swear-words when you are lying under suppressing fire/get a hit...
Squad leaders could also have there own screams - something to motivate their soldiers, battle advice, et cetera...

Upvote 0
well, if you are behind cover under heavy fire, and teammates around you are dying, im sure you would scream their names :p after that would come the rage and destroying the enemy, :p and then would come the mourning, i think:rolleyes: right now you dont know much about people getting killed around you, it doesnt have a very teamy feel.
i was behind some sandbags with 3 other guys, i sniped some russians and then looking around while reloading, i saw them lying on the ground, blood squirting out of their heads, and im like, when did that happen?

or like in stalingrad-kessel. imagine as a soviet when the first obj is taken and you rush to the other factory building, the back door has been blown up, one guy rushes in and gets shot, tumbles back in the little hallway "VASILII! SOMETHING!! :D" IMO it would add some immersion to the game :)

Upvote 0