Screaming Soldiers

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HalfDigested

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 8, 2006
UK
just watched the new 'free booster pack' trailer and the soldiers seem to scream more when they get shot down, are these just edited for the trailer purpose or actually new ingame
im pretty sure they never screamed that loud before!
...though i could be wrong i aint played in a few days.

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
no that screaming is either edited in or new, i know it was suggested a while back, and made a nice addition do you chargin the enemies and hearing the screams of your dead comerades. i would also like to see a "battle charge holler" button of something you could press and hold so when you had a mass charge going on the enemies might almost get scared when they heard the sound of 16 chargin ruskies...

Vakichev

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
Shame those arent ingame, they'd really add to immersion and retelling the horror of wwII.

gunho

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2006
Just for trailer, sure it was used in the last booster pack trailer

Cordite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 7, 2006
UK
the screams haven't been added to the game, but it would be nice if they were put in.

Cordite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 7, 2006
UK
i dunno, i think they are nice and wish they were put in the game and not edited into the videos

EDIT: now I get what you said, didn't catch it the first time.

1 3 3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
NJ, USA
There used to be screaming in the mod, good times those. Especially the occasional Howard Dean..

LOL yes that was the greatest!!!!

they should just bring back the screams from the mod, even if they used the same sound files, it would be fantastic!

Zoring

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
Please no Battlegrounds style 'freedom' shouts, jesus christ no. Maybe if they changed it so that occasoinaly the russian GoGo is Urrah! then that would be ok (there's already a urrah in the officers coms)

Mad Onion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 14, 2006
Personally I would like to see (hear?) the odd scream or moan in. Not every respawn in RO is a death. Many are incapacitated. Of course soldiers IRL were often cut down without a sound, but far from always. I don't like it when I am charging forward with a group of soldiers and I have no idea that everyone but me has been cut down (without the game able to render peripheral vision). The odd scream or groan could help make up for that.

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
I think those screams are already in the game...

Potentially, the devs just editted them much louder for the trailor...

It maybe the drugs... but I do hear occasional screams when I kill people.

It must be the drugs:) In fact we're also missing some basic sounds from the mod.