• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Scrake's invisible head block action, and dmg to animation unsync.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    I was unable to find previous threads that mention that, so here we go again.

Headblock:
    Repro: 95%

Description: While playing as sharp with crossbow, m99 and i think railgun, if you miss a shot at him or hit his other part of the body without him raging or just aim too long, the scrake will do the whole head blocking animation..... without the animation.

It's an annoying bug that has been here for a long time, that prevents crossbow from reliably stunning the scrake because of him blocking his head without animation showing that he does that.
    Same thing with m99, if you aim a bit too long at him or you miss your 1st shot, the shot that will count will damage him and send him into rage. instead of killing instantly or at least decapitating him... the supposed chainsaw just soaks up that damage. And it's only bypassed if the player chose the Dead Eye skill, and even then there's a small probability that it will not be enough sending scrakes head flying.

Edit: The weirdest part is that the missing animation is mostly prominent when you play as a sharpshooter, while with other perks the head blocking animation does work.
    And i did main sharp for over hundred hours just to confirm that it's the case.

Animation dmg unsync:

Another common issue with the scrake, specifically annoying when playing as berserker.
    His attack arrives earlier than animation shows.... The chainsaw is just a small moment away from where it should visually hit you, but by the time the chainsaw supposedly hits you, you've already received the damage.
    That throws off timing for casual players.... hell, sometimes even for seasoned players.

Both are prominent Online

Last edited:
    In KF1 the crossbow was THE weapon for sharpshooter. Now it is useless for large zeds because of this bug. If the crossbow actually stunned it would be able to kill large zeds before they kill you. As it is now it just rages them and they get on top of you before you have the time to reload.

But the stun also fails on bodyshots as well I think, even with the guaranteed stun that the double stun power skill should give you. Maybe it's on a CD because someone stumbled it. Kind of dumb that it can't be stunned because of that. So many bugs and hidden factors means all together basically guarantee that you can't stun anything ever.
    Well my "teammates" are partly to blame for that, but still...

Upvote 0