• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scrake rage cancel (or bleed-out) mechanics?

ElSneakyPete

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2012
Hey all,

I've seen this topic discussed a little in this forum and over on the Steam forum, but I can't find a definitive answer. What are the mechanics behind canceling the Scrake rage? The only way I've seen it done (or done it myself) is to rage the Scrake and then pop it with an offperk crossbow headshot. The Scrake stops raging and walks normal speed. Are there any other methods for doing this?

I've also seen Scrakes keel over and die either while raging or they slow down from raging and then die a little later. Here's a video of what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVNy_90j0HI

Any idea what is causing this? I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional on TWI's part.

Quite a while back I was using the LAR against Scrakes as a level 5 Sharp in solo mode. After enough headshots to rage the Scrake it would charge several feet and then it would resume walking. If I approached close enough the Scrake would resume its rage, but otherwise it would stay calm until I killed it. I never did figure out what exactly was going on.

And what exactly causes Scrakes to rage in slow motion? Is this an intended mechanic or just another bug?

Upvote 0
To me it seemed like slowrage was caused by a specimen having next to no health left, but then I saw a guy that would pull some particular combo, I think a LAR headshot, a M14 headshot, and another lar headshot, or something like that, and he reliably slow raged scrakes while they still had enough head health left to survive another m14 headshot, and he still had loads of health. The scrake would eventually have a heart attack after slow raging for a while.

So I think it's either entirely a bug, or not working right.
Doesn't seem very exploitable, though. The LAR seems to the premier tool for doing it, and if you have a lar, you can just kill the scrake outright instead just as easily.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey all,

I've seen this topic discussed a little in this forum and over on the Steam forum, but I can't find a definitive answer. What are the mechanics behind canceling the Scrake rage? The only way I've seen it done (or done it myself) is to rage the Scrake and then pop it with an offperk crossbow headshot. The Scrake stops raging and walks normal speed. Are there any other methods for doing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVNy_90j0HI
You can do it with m32 onperk. One exploding headshot and one blunt one then back away(only works on 6MAN HoE). Or three fast blunt headshots which is harder but works if scrakendoesn't have 6 man health.

And the heart attack. Isn't it because there where less than 6 specimens left? When there are less than 6, raging scrakes and fleshpound die after charging for a few sec.

Upvote 0
I don't think that is the case, because my boyfriend seems to be able to pull it off pretty often as a firebug and spraying Scrakes with napalm. He (the scrake) would rage, then panic, then slowdown, and then fall over due to the burn damage.

Same deal, but far less often with the Fleshpound where it would end up chasing you at exactly the same speed that you'd be running and never attacking, allowing you to keep picking off its health without taking damage as long as you keep running while shooting.

Upvote 0
Its rare, but you can pull off Scrake decaps. Last one i've had was caused by a Mac-10 HS on a custom server.

Yeah, when I have the room/time to do it, I like to headshot scrakes 4 times with the lever action, and then knife him in the head until he gets decapped on 6 man HoE. Very few things seem funnier in this game than a headless scrake stumbling around :D

Upvote 0
scrakes will decap when their head HP is next to nothing, this can be accomplished by 2 LAR shots, 3 m14, and then 9mm till he decaps. support uppercuts and jumpshots can also cause a decap if you're aim is off.

the slow rage is an exploit, and i will not discuss the methods of inducing this

non raging FPs due to burn mechanics, however, is NOT an exploit/

Upvote 0