• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Scoreboard Mutator

Dark Light

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 11, 2012
I have made an alteration to the scoreboard, I have managed to get it working by creating my own game type and setting ScoreBoardType to my scoreboard. I would prefer to do it through a mutator, I have looked at a few scoreboard mutators and none of them work. Even just installing a mutator from the workshop results in no scoreboard, all the scoreboard I have seen use:

Code:
simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
 Level.Game.ScoreBoardType = ...
}

So, how do I set or swap out the scoreboard type to my class?

Also, in another mutator I am wanting to alter the max ammo in weapons. The issue is that when the player goes to the trader the code that displays the max ammo for said weapon is simulated meaning that the CheckReplacement in the mutator class does not take effect. Anyway to get around this?

Last edited:
Can you give us the full code of what you used? I'm one of those who used that code and also I have used it up till recently. Has always worked.

Code:
class VeteranScoreBoardMut extends Mutator;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
 Level.Game.ScoreBoardType = "VeteranScoreBoard.VeteranScoreBoard";
}

defaultproperties
{
 GroupName="VeteranScoreBoard"
 FriendlyName="..."
 Description="..."
 bAlwaysRelevant=True
 RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy
}
Code:
class VeteranScoreBoard extends KFMod.KFScoreBoardNew;

simulated event UpdateScoreBoard(Canvas Canvas)
{
 <<Copied and altered code>>
}
I think it is your source that I used for reference, even when I install it on my server it does not work, both your code and mine results in no scoreboard being displayed when I press tab.

Upvote 0