• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Score ideas

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
The thing about RO is that you have no fear of death. So I would suggest a choice for people. You have glory points and regular score. When you die, you get a glory point but lose 2 regular points. At the end of the map the player with the highest glory points recieves a reward and gets to chose during the next map what weapon he'll use and will earn a title (Officer or something).
Also, for the squad leader I would suggest a restyling of the scoretable. The squadleader is always on top with a different highlighting and his score points is actually just the average score of your team.

i would rather see the score system basicly the same as it is now but only 2 points for a mg resupply and you lose one point when you die. That would give fear of death in a way and would keep things simple.

That being said i think there are many more important things that need to be added or fixed before they even think about messing with the score system.

Upvote 0
I agree I'd like to see a penalty for dying. But I think it should be a big penalty, like minus 10 or 20 points.

We are always trying to figure out new ways to make the game more realistic. Well whats more realistic than the fear of death? With no fear of death guys bum rush, strafe attack positions where they are surely going to die.

With a high penalty for death, you couldn't possibly get a good score bum rushing positions and dying 15 times a game.

I can easily get top score with the current scoring system just running balls to the wall from one cap zone to the next. But if I take my time and try to stay alive, my score suffers.

I'd like to see harsh penalties for death and positive points for staying alive. After all, staying alive is what motivates most soldiers to act like they act. And if we want people to behave like real soldiers the easiest way is in the point credits in game.

Upvote 0
I actually would say a resounding YES to some of this, servers need to record the Steam username of players and create a ranking system, so that noobs with fast computers don't come in, steal all the good positions, AND ARTY SPAWN!!!

They need to make the scoreboard better, like if there are more than 15 players then you don't know who any of the other players are.

Upvote 0
I actually would say a resounding YES to some of this, servers need to record the Steam username of players and create a ranking system, so that noobs with fast computers don't come in, steal all the good positions, AND ARTY SPAWN!!!

That sounds like a fantastic way to discourage new players from sticking with the game. I know it can be frustrating when you have a squad leader who doesn't know what he is doing. But he still payed for the game the same as you, so he has every right to free choice of class.

RO stands out amongst the other FPS because it actually requires teamwork to win a round and capture/hold ground. I find it really frustrating to be ingame and see people braging about their score being so high while their team continues to loose round after round.

Instead of punishing people for playing as Rambo, why not take away the incentive. I would love to see it as a server option to not reward points for kills. If you got say 10 points for a being in a cap when it was captured, and 5 points for your team capping that objective, and no points for kills, then the emphasis would be on working together more than racking up personal glory. As for defending, players could be rewarded with a point for holding an objective for set times.

If people are completly against doing away with kill stats, I feel these should be listed seperatly, with players ranked on the score board according to points awarded for team play.

As solo4114 said, putting fear of death into a computer game is practically imposible. The only way you are going to get people to play like they have it is by putting some incentive out there for them to do so. Staying alive and making it to the cap being rewarded, instead of kills, may be one way of doing this.

Upvote 0
Nah. Most players are suicidal enough already. With "glory points", we might see a new sport: Glory Point Camping! Every noob will deliberately run into artillery and line of fire, so they can get LEET SNIPPER! We should rename them "pity points", and those who have most pity points, can select their class first in next map, and earn title "Wussy" next to his name in scores and messages.

Upvote 0
how about you recieve awards and/or when you kill X amount of germans in one life. like
1 kill = scout
2 kills = private
3 kills = something better then private
etc.
In the more important titles there can be only one, so you'll have to make more kills so you recieve the next title that is not taken.

When you die you have to start from scratch.

how about that?

Upvote 0
What about, in addition to the usual sources of points, introducing "keep alive points" where the players receives X points simply for staying alive for X amount of time and whenever they are killed the "keep alive points" are reset to zero?
Don't know if that will have any influence of "fear of death" among players but it will reward those who use their head and try to complete the objectives without getting killed, like one would try to in real life :)

Upvote 0
That sounds like a fantastic way to discourage new players from sticking with the game. I know it can be frustrating when you have a squad leader who doesn't know what he is doing. But he still payed for the game the same as you, so he has every right to free choice of class.

RO stands out amongst the other FPS because it actually requires teamwork to win a round and capture/hold ground. I find it really frustrating to be ingame and see people braging about their score being so high while their team continues to loose round after round.

Instead of punishing people for playing as Rambo, why not take away the incentive. I would love to see it as a server option to not reward points for kills. If you got say 10 points for a being in a cap when it was captured, and 5 points for your team capping that objective, and no points for kills, then the emphasis would be on working together more than racking up personal glory. As for defending, players could be rewarded with a point for holding an objective for set times.

If people are completly against doing away with kill stats, I feel these should be listed seperatly, with players ranked on the score board according to points awarded for team play.

As solo4114 said, putting fear of death into a computer game is practically imposible. The only way you are going to get people to play like they have it is by putting some incentive out there for them to do so. Staying alive and making it to the cap being rewarded, instead of kills, may be one way of doing this.

Yeah I wouldn't want that feature on every server, but at least on a few. Also a lot more servers should have the mod that disables score.

Upvote 0