• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scope Ranging

I don't see any reason why ranging for scopes or rifles shouldn't be added.

I mean, we already have ranging for tanks. By the same arguement that those opposed to this have, that being that you can just aim up on your target, you can do the same thing when shooting at tanks at great distances, but it's far easier to use the sighting system.

Upvote 0
Completely in agreement.

As for whoever said some maps with long ranges would be needed, many of the maps already include ranges where adjusting the rifle would come in handy. There's no zoom when you look down the sights, and, let's say for example you are using a K98 and have a target at around 200 meters (which is a completely feasible distance in this game). According to the RO manual, the K98 drops 18" at 200 meters, and given how difficult it can be to aim with the K98, especially on say, a prone target at that distance with the crappy little tangent sights, being able to actually aim at the target would be a huge improvement. Of course if you don't have the time to do this, you can always just aim high, exactly like you can with the tanks.

Upvote 0
couple of points,it will be interesting to see how much ro changes in the coming months,its comendable that a small developer can make a niche game but how long will that last before they cave in to what the majority want (i do not include myself in this category any more) making money is the point after all and if the game only caters to a small cult following it will suffer in a financial sense.all games eventually come to a point where the original idea is watered down in search of the $'s or

Upvote 0
Wow, that's a lot of bumps! Guess I'll help out a little...

I don't see a reason for ranging not to be added. If people didn't use it often in WWII, then people also don't have to use it in the game. At least give the option to those that want to use it, like snipers had the option in real life. For those that don't want to use it, they lose nothing. Seems like a good deal to me.

Upvote 0
DucusSumus said:
If you set a range of 600 meters, for example, the scope could be adjusted so that if you aimed straight at a target 600 meters away, you would actually be firing a little higher to compensate for bullet drop over that distance.
I don't understand this statement. Surely when you adjust the scope to 600 metres, your adjusting for bullet drop anyway ? Why do you need to change the scope range & then adjust for bullet drop as well ? Sorry if it sounds stupid, I'm just confused :confused:

Upvote 0
Gungho said:
I don't understand this statement. Surely when you adjust the scope to 600 metres, your adjusting for bullet drop anyway ? Why do you need to change the scope range & then adjust for bullet drop as well ? Sorry if it sounds stupid, I'm just confused :confused:
No no...scope adjustmen will change ONLY the scope higth...
Sooo when your looking at the cross hairs they will be slightly lower thus forcing you to raise your rifle higher, compensaiting for the range and having the round be shot higher/farther.

Upvote 0
I'd love to see ranging, on all the weapons that can infact, it would make the guns come more alive AND be usefull.

But i'd also like to comment on the whole "go play DoD" vs "you suck because you say go play DoD" thing: for thouse of us who love realism in games, there's really only a handfull of games that caters to our taste, i can mention a couple of flightsims and a few racing sims, but its not that many, and when it comes to shooters, ouch, its slim pickings! and most of them are just mods not actual games.

Keeping that in mind, i dont think its hard to understand why we can get.. defensive, when people suggest one of our few hopes be turned further away from the realism we love, theres so many unrealistic shooters out there, but so precious few that actually try to be realistic.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
I'd love to see ranging, on all the weapons that can infact, it would make the guns come more alive AND be usefull.

I agree iwth you completely...
THey used range adjustment in BattlefieldOnline due to the large skale and vastness of the world and it help se much....took some time to get used to but once aquired that feature came is handy.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
But i'd also like to comment on the whole "go play DoD" vs "you suck because you say go play DoD" thing: for thouse of us who love realism in games, there's really only a handfull of games that caters to our taste, i can mention a couple of flightsims and a few racing sims, but its not that many, and when it comes to shooters, ouch, its slim pickings! and most of them are just mods not actual games.

Keeping that in mind, i dont think its hard to understand why we can get.. defensive, when people suggest one of our few hopes be turned further away from the realism we love, theres so many unrealistic shooters out there, but so precious few that actually try to be realistic.

This is the best explanation I have seen on this. Thank you for clearing that up for me! :)
Now if all people would only be so civil while defending their points we could have some good discussions on topics without it devolving to mud slinging.

Upvote 0