Scope details & Distances

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
Burning rubble of Koenigsberg
Scope: for some reason i can't switch between scope modes using the F12 key. i've tried to bind this function to other keys editing the user.ini but still it doesn't work. The only way i could switch it's through the advanced video settings. What's up? Any suggestion?

BTW, expert snipers: which scope mode do you suggest?

Distances: i am wondering about the size of the map's squares. Any idea? I desperately trying to earn a silver/gold marksman achievement, you know ;)

BTW there is any way to disable the "distance fog"?

shadowwill

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2007
I got silver marksman on berezina from shooting from the 2nd line to the horizon of the 1st.

I find it easier to use the textured scope (no model view). This is because it seems to lag more when i use the model scope, high or low. Movement becomes lagged with it. Thats just me however. Nope theres no way to turn off fog, that would be cheating :p

And for goodness sake ive told you already, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
Burning rubble of Koenigsberg
I got silver marksman on berezina from shooting from the 2nd line to the horizon of the 1st.

After some "hunting" i got it too...in Barashka, shooting a kraut running on the opposite side of the river, yeahh! ;)

Still looking for gold...

I find it easier to use the textured scope (no model view). This is because it seems to lag more when i use the model scope, high or low. Movement becomes lagged with it.

Thanks for the advice -_-

And for goodness sake ive told you already, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!

Lol, you are one in many :) What's your RO nickname?

Klaus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 22, 2006
Israel, Tel-Aviv
for the gold sharpshooter, arad is the map *hint*
and for the sniper i just use the default scope, never changed it in my life

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
texture scope is off to the right a tad.

you cant switch scope models in game with F12 anymore, disabled a long time ago.