• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Scenarios being mapped:

Lonyo

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
lonyo.co.uk
I think it might be useful to have a collection of what people are doing map wise, so we can either hook people up together who might want to share resources, or so we don't get 10 lots of ports of the same maps from RO:CA (mod/3.3).

If anyone think's it's a good idea, post your map project/scenario and we'll see if we can collect what everyone's doing. Obviously you can make your own thread about your map ;) Just always nice to have a quick reference I think.

Useful books:
John Erickson - The Road to Stalingrad, The Road to Berlin
David Glantz - The Battle of Kursk
Krisztian Ungvary - The Siege of Budapest
Anthony Beevor - Stalingrad
Stephen Ambroses - various

Dr Guppy:
RO-LeningradStreets - (1941, CA, Urban)
RO-TallinnHarbour - (1941, Infantry, Urban)
RO-NevaRiver - (1943, CA, Rural)
RO-Ardon - (1942, Tanks, Rural)

FYROM:
RO-Rozsadomb (Budapest '44-'45)

Rex:
RO-Oktogon (Jan 1945, Urban, Infantry) (Budapest - East of Danube)

DeV:
Kalvin T

Last edited:
Cthulhu said:
I signed a non disclosure agreement on the stuff I'm doing, so I can't tell you.
But I'm working on a map for the Bruning Sands mod. :D

I don't mean specifics, and if it's for Burning Sands I would hope it's not being done by anyone else, unless they want russians in the sand :eek:
But I am not expecting people to details, just a vague idea. :)

Upvote 0
I am also working on a Budapest map, entitled RO-Oktogon (Jan 1945, Urban, Infantry). This will be a heavily urban map, taking place in the core of Pest (East side of the Danube). I would love to share resources with Fyrom, but like him I am rather tied up with school etc and cant be held to a tight schedule. Research information such as pics and text, as well as art resources such as textures and static meshes I would be more than willing to share.

Upvote 0
I've started a map RO-Serpentswall

Its the first attack on the Kiev defenseline, 1941, Infantry/protect the convoy, rural/urban

basicly its an idea i wanted to try for perekop but somehow people didnt get it. Its an attack on a bunker fortified area where you only get X amount of tanks, without the tanks you almost cant win, so you get scouting infantrie clearing the roads for tanks that have to provide support and clear objectives. I hope to get it this time right. Tanks won't respawn, but are added when you have captured some area's ... see it as an reward for acomplished tasks.

What i want is a kind of storyline kind of gameplay. so not the same area over and over but a progressing frontline. You have to clear the area within a certain time as german and defend it as allies.
Also it will be quite a big map ... not as big as perekop, and more narrow. But expect some serieus walking times. so communication will be a big thing. Maybe not suitable for every pub server but with a very high strategic value.

Also i just decided to make a map based on the novorossiysk beach assault in the crimea. I dont have any clue yet how the map will look but its under investigation. If I have my way we have real beachlandings and parachute drops as I try to keep it authentic. I don't have any idea how to do this but I will find a way ....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maps I'm working on:

Stalag 330/Vaskoe - Russian POW's revolt in a work camp and try to escape via a boat anchored in the harbor at Vaskoe, Norway (fictious)

Kimki - The tramway where the 4th panzer group was halted 12km from Stalingrad.

I was also planning a lake lagoda/leningrad map but I think there will be enough leningrad maps. (How could I compete with Wicked Penguin?)

I don't know when they'll be done. ROed/UnrealEd is proving hard to tame.

Looks like there are so many great maps being made. I can't wait to play them.

Upvote 0
i hope you other level developers are reading books on the history of WWII ETO. I've found a lot of usefull info from reading Stephen Ambroses books. You can find out alot of German military background during those times. If you have the history channel, they have alot of documentaries on WWII and the eastern front. cool. I'll probably be re-reading some of those books for a layout plan...

cool, thanks

Pure 529th

Upvote 0
Upvote 0