• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scariest video game character?

Alma from FEAR
Anything from Penumbra of Amnesia when you can't see it proper (or else you realize what it looks like)

case in point right there...anyways, back on topic.
Other than that...well, I do recall being totally scared to death by Pyramid head a long while ago...might not be scary now (I don't know, haven't played SH recently :eek:) but sure as hell was then!

Upvote 0
Majority of ghosts from Fatal Frame/Project Zero, but especially these 3:

Long Arms
Kirie (pretty much Alma wearing a Kimono)
Blinded Maiden
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
The single most scary video game character of all time is this:
Spoiler!

That level was one of the most exciting and thrilling video games experiences. Which, to be honest, doesn't speak well for socalled "horror games".

Other than that, the only other games that scared me were "The Terminator: Future Shock" and the System Shocks. But there, it wasn't the characters or enemies, but the eerily desolate atmosphere and the fact that you could hear dangers much sooner than you encountered them. Now those were really tense gaming moments.

Upvote 0
System Shock 2 was one of the best horror games ever made. What I loved is that it didn't rely on a whole heap of "ooga booga" moments with enemies jumping out at you. Instead it was just constantly being tense and on edge with great atmosphere.

Oh how I wish someone would make a true sequel or even just a version with updated graphics. It would be pure awesome.

Upvote 0
System Shock 2 was one of the best horror games ever made. What I loved is that it didn't rely on a whole heap of "ooga booga" moments with enemies jumping out at you. Instead it was just constantly being tense and on edge with great atmosphere.

Oh how I wish someone would make a true sequel or even just a version with updated graphics. It would be pure awesome.

According to PC Gamer UK; the source code is flying around somewhere and its possible a modded version will be created to work on modern hardware.

The only machine I could get it to work properly on was an old laptop with onboard graphics..

Upvote 0

I can't believe I forgot about this! Definately; System Shock and...well I believe it was something something: sanities requiem...can't remember the title, but I recall it only indulged in a single jumpscare. The rest was pure, mental horror

Upvote 0