Scariest video game character?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Carl Gustav

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
Okay, who, in your opinion, is the scariest video game character (horror games and all other stuff).
Mine:
1)Nicole Brennan
2)Alma (FEAR)
3)Dr.Salvador :eek:

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
"The Hag" in Thief: Deadly Shadows. I was crapping my pants before I even "met" her. People can say what they want about TDS, but I thought the writing was superb, even if there were flaws in the gameplay. (small maps, etc.)

Last edited:

timur

FNG / Fresh Meat
Alma from FEAR
Anything from Penumbra of Amnesia when you can't see it proper (or else you realize what it looks like)

case in point right there...anyways, back on topic.
Other than that...well, I do recall being totally scared to death by Pyramid head a long while ago...might not be scary now (I don't know, haven't played SH recently :eek:) but sure as hell was then!

Raziel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
Valhalla
www.facebook.com
Majority of ghosts from Fatal Frame/Project Zero, but especially these 3:

Long Arms
Kirie (pretty much Alma wearing a Kimono)
Blinded Maiden
Spoiler!

[-project.rattus-]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
The single most scary video game character of all time is this:
Spoiler!

That level was one of the most exciting and thrilling video games experiences. Which, to be honest, doesn't speak well for socalled "horror games".

Other than that, the only other games that scared me were "The Terminator: Future Shock" and the System Shocks. But there, it wasn't the characters or enemies, but the eerily desolate atmosphere and the fact that you could hear dangers much sooner than you encountered them. Now those were really tense gaming moments.

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
^^^Check out the Shalebridge Cradle level in TDS for the creepiest atmosphere ever.

dogbadger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2006
here to kill your monster
the first stalker bloodsucker you meet underground was scarey
the ghosts in thief 1 when you retrieve the eye
in system shock 2 enemies respawn in areas you presume to be quiet and cleared so i found i got more scares from that game than any other.

Reddog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
System Shock 2 was one of the best horror games ever made. What I loved is that it didn't rely on a whole heap of "ooga booga" moments with enemies jumping out at you. Instead it was just constantly being tense and on edge with great atmosphere.

Oh how I wish someone would make a true sequel or even just a version with updated graphics. It would be pure awesome.

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
I remember the first time I assumed I was safe, came running round a corner and saw about 3 of the Many, I ran (having no gun) into a corner got my wrench out and started to shout as they surrounded me and starting to club me to death.

Dcode

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheffield, UK
System Shock 2 was one of the best horror games ever made. What I loved is that it didn't rely on a whole heap of "ooga booga" moments with enemies jumping out at you. Instead it was just constantly being tense and on edge with great atmosphere.

Oh how I wish someone would make a true sequel or even just a version with updated graphics. It would be pure awesome.

According to PC Gamer UK; the source code is flying around somewhere and its possible a modded version will be created to work on modern hardware.

The only machine I could get it to work properly on was an old laptop with onboard graphics..

timur

FNG / Fresh Meat

I can't believe I forgot about this! Definately; System Shock and...well I believe it was something something: sanities requiem...can't remember the title, but I recall it only indulged in a single jumpscare. The rest was pure, mental horror